Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

ARG --- Alternate Reality Game

A project to recreate Itex-era documents showing the rise of Itex as a company, and the creation of the Maximum Ride characters. Initial discussion on "What are you doing" thread starts HERE.

The story will chronicle Elena Mueller (known by her internet alias "Valentine") after her return from a trip to Germany, and the discovery of the various Itexicon files.

(I'll start updating this OP over the weekend to start compiling the files)

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crumpled, and for the files that happened before 1990, some fading/smudging would be excellent. If you could also run in with an eraser and pull out any spelling or grammar lines, that would also be awesome.
You got it.
A revised version of the autopsy is attached. My fluency is clearer, and I use Ds instead of Zs.
Attachments:
The phone conversation, as it sounds after I recorded it onto a digital recorder, then played back into my computer microphones.

I hope this came out OK. It took me three times apiece to get both right.

EDIT: It has some city road ambiance in the background. Let's say Elena's family lives in a city apartment complex, it would give an excuse for the ambiance.
Attachments:
That came out wonderfully <3 Thank you.
*headdesk* How did I bloody miss this for nearly a month? *cough*You'reslow!*cough*
M'kay, just read through the entire thread to see what I missed, and I do love this idea very much. I could contribute to voice recordings eventually though I probably won't need to as there are definitely enough females, but as of now I don't seem to possess a microphone. And...I dunno. What else can I contribute exactly? I hate to feel useless...
:D Regardless, everything so far is made of win. And I have nothing else to add.
Documents would be awesome. Things on the bird kids early years, or Itex cleaning up the birdkids' messes books 1-3. Again, if you need it, the polished Itex logo is earlier on.
Documents...durh?
Please forgive me as I am slow as all hell lately, but documents would mean...?
As for the early years, anything mentioned in 1-3 and nothing else, right? Or are we creating some of the early years events like the Max eye-test? That was made-up, right? *checking facts so she doesn't screw up*
And I'll look at the list that a few pages back of what was noted as to clean-ups already and see if I can add on.
By the way, about this Elena girl, her family history is planned. But as a person herself, I'm just curious, what is concrete about her? Nothing like super personal life info that's not needed cause I doubt she'd use that on the internet anyway, but the way she speaks on the internet, likes/dislikes, personality...yeah, that stuff. Just wondering because I might've missed it earlier on. *half asleep*
documents= letters, memos, reports, transcripts, dossiers, etc.

As for Elena (Nathan, feel free to rebuke me at any time), she's several components:
--I picture her as being intelligent and a bit more mature than someone her age (otherwise, why would her parents let her go to Germany alone?).
--New to the site (but not to NING, her school _____?_____ club uses a NING site).
--She hasn't read the MR series (in fact, her understanding of the series comes from Wikipedia) but because she googled Itex and the MR series came up, she came to MDW hoping that the people there could makes sense of the documents.
--She talks seriously (sane fan-ish, no emotions until we're halfway through, and she 'knows' the site better) because these documents are a serious matter.
--She doesn't comment on opinion-based stuff, but occasionally she may show up on another thread saying "Oh, that's what that document meant!"
--Replies to all friend requests, but never to any comments or PMs.
--She should be able to field the occasional question "Where did you find this stuff? Did you read MR? What did you do in Germany?" but shouldn't reply to things that mess with the point, "This is fake. Are you JP? Show us a picture of the actual document!"
--She should NEVER get openly hostile at anyone else.
--Should bring up an occasional part of her real life. As the story hits its final week, this will include her getting ill.
--Should never comment if other people try to forge their own documents.
--Doesn't chat.
--Asks the occasional question about the site when brought up, but only if it's as part of an explanation, not an insult or argument against someone else. "At least you aren't a squee."
"What's a squee?" "Well..."

While those of us on MDW:
--Everyone should remain themselves. Don't change your personality to talk to Elena. If you're usually attacking everything, then don't start making nice comments.
--Everyone should work to disprove any fake documents not related to the ARG.
--If those on the site can't do it, the right questions posted at Elena should come from us.
--During some posts, especially the first one, we should plan in advance a fake reaction set, so the thread is kept active.
--We should be cautiously optimistic about any documents. We know that the MR universe is fake, but "This is cool, we have nothing better to do, so we should help out anyway."
--Arguments against the ARG "This is obviously fake." should be rebuked by us as ourselves, not Elena. "Sure, it's probably fake, but it's way more detailed and worked out than most of the fanfiction on the blog."
--You don't talk about the fight club.
Documents are also imagination products, right? Or do we find them from whatever trusted source for MR stuff we can find?

As for Elena, that all sounds good. :) Thank you.

The rules for our interactions on MDW also sound good. But should I make another account on MDW for this? My one alter got banned awhile back, so I just decided I really didn't need an account anyway.

XD My brother said that to me the other day, but I've only watched a smidge of the movie. Aren't you talking about it right now telling me so?
--Documents should be based off of the books, except for things that occurred before the books, which should be cautious, researched, and shouldn't contradict any other documents or cannon. In short, a letter from Jeb to Roland about the gay romp they had last Tuesday would not work.

--If you want to help move the ARG along from MDW, you should get your profile settled in early. Again, try not to draw too much attention to yourself. Again, no talking about the ARG.

"Mention" and "talk" are not the same thing.
All right, that sounds good. If I get any ideas, I'll share them. But not tonight, as I'm about to get off the computer. Well damn, that would've been fun too...

Drawing no attention is what I'm best at. *goes to make an account real quick*

*snaps fingers* Drat. Seems I can never win.

Going to get off for today, so goodnight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service