Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a sneaking suspicion that I am a hypochondriac. I spent the last two months convinced that I had throat cancer, due to a chronic throat ache.

The last few weeks, I've been slightly worried about my mental well-being. When I'm taking notes in class, or just writing in general, I've noticed a peculiar habit forming. I'll be writing, and start switching letters around. In my mind, I'm yelling at myself. I know I'm doing it, but I can't stop once I've started writing the word incorrectly. I am knowingly mixing these letters up, and I cannot physically stop myself. After I've written the word, I can go back and erase it all and rewrite it.

As I said earlier, I'm a hypochondriac, and I'm getting a little concerned. I've never had this problem before. I feel a little stupid asking for help here, when it really isn't that big of a problem and would be simple to Google, but I'd rather not give my already paranoid mind more diseases to convince myself I have. Help anyone?

It is possible that it's a temporary thing...I mean, so far it's only this throat cancer concern, in the past two months, right? I mean, September I suddenly developed a fear that I'd get guillotined while walking onto or off of an elevator, and while it's still present from time to time, I don't consider it a pressing concern about my mental health.

So yeah, one item for two months is not a hypochondriac.

Also, I have that word item too--I think a lot of people do that.

I moved away, from like, the best friends I ever had. And now, whenever I hear songs that we used to listen to, or remember things that we used to do, I feel... I dunno. Like, chronically depressed. Every time. I know it's so stupid, 'cause, really? Songs?

But it sucks.

And also I hate loving this guy, and he asked me out once and we had a great time, but he's moving so he's depressed because he's going to Colorado, and barely talks to anyone anymore. I don't think we've talked, since... July or August. =( *sigh*

Why do things have to be so complicated?

Memories have an effect of pseudo-nostalgia. Experiencing something related to memory often makes it become revealed again. 

If anything, it means you'll never forget them, so long as you continue to listen to the songs. If you still have contact with them, maybe you can all have a nice reunion of sorts in the future, if its that bad.

In response to the guy, simply talk to him. He's gonna have most of his friends out of his social life, make his time left at least enjoyable.

My boyfriend kissed me today. And I had no idea what to do. I just stood there for a second and then pushed him away gently. I've been kissed once before, and the guy didn't have much more experience than me. But my current boyfriend is definitely practiced, and I don't want to let him down. I've asked my friend for advice, but she didn't really help. What do I do?

Kiss him back?

With regards to all kissing, keep your lips regular; don't wet them, minimize saliva.

As for how the tongue stuff works, so as long as you aren't jamming yours down the poor guy's throat, you should be fine. Method varies from person to person, and it isn't particularly critical for a relationship. In fact, anthropologists argue that kissing is a cultural thing, like a wink or a thumbs-up sign; when Europeans first came to the Americas, it is claimed that none of the natives knew what kissing was.

In short, there are no specifics for you to worry about. Heck, my present girlfriend doesn't like the full-blown mouth to mouth stuff, so we stick mostly to lighter stuff. So don't worry, and do only what feels right to you.

However, pushing him away probably sent a mixed signal. You may wish to clarify that with him.

I had no idea what I was doing either. No one does at first. But, the guy I was kissing did, so I kind of just... followed. I mean it was weird as hell, and I also went with gently pulling away after a little bit, I think I even threw in an apology because, that couldn't be right. But we kind of just gave it another shot, and it didn't take long to just get a feel for what he was actually doing, then it's just a matter of sort of letting him lead. Well, you can lead too, but at the moment, he's the one with experience. Even with tongue, it was just a case of working with his. Relax, don't worry, it should feel nice, and if it doesn't, then try changing what you're doing a little. Or give it a break. 

I have a lot of body issues and pointing them out to me is not incredibly nice but I find myself letting you because I find you attractive so maybe if you insult me, I'll finally get out of my ass and do something. I mean, I can handle it and stuff but I've been told I'm pretty and I don't want to think I've been lied to but that's what you're telling me. But you're nice and I feel wanted around you because being a punching bag is better than being ignored.

Gah. I don't know what to do. 

I promised myself that I'd wait until college to lose my virginity, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I mean, I am eighteen, but that doesn't mean I feel ready for that. Although, it's kind of sad and funny at the same time to have to listen to all of the drama and stories around my lunch table every day when I'm the oldest one there with the least amount of experience.

I've been with Cody for a year and a half. He's never pushed me, or when he has he stops when I tell him to. I kind of feel like I owe it to him, and it's getting harder to stop myself, too. And I don't know how often I'll see him when I'm in college or even how that's going to work out.

But I'm scared. I feel like I'll be losing part of myself, and I don't know how I could possibly tell my mom, because I'd have to. Maybe I should be having this talk with her, but I'm scared of that, too.

I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I had to talk to someone. And now I feel like a coward for only coming here, because it's easier to type than to talk to people I know in real life.

Hey, it's okay. You can talk to us. The people here are some of the least judgmental I've ever known.

Now, I wish I could give you some useful advice, but frankly, I made the same promise. Not so much 'wait until college' as 'wait until I'm not living with family anymore'. So I don't know what to tell you, really, but I can listen.

Just...do what you think is best for you. And I realize that it's more complicated than that, but it's all I've got.

I feel useless and I'm sorry that I couldn't be more help.

That's a good point, too. I'm just worried that I wouldn't see him much after I leave for college, and that's the only way I'll be able to move out anytime soon.

I'm around the same point with my girlfriend, I'm not afraid to say it.

What I'd recommend is sticking to Base 3 stuff, rather than going and doing the real thing. It's safer, and if you haven't figured it out yet, all your pleasure spots aren't intelligent sensors; you don't need to be doing the real thing to set all those chemicals in your brain off. This goes for both genders.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service