Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1.) Yes sometimes your "my life sucks" isn't usually something that some people think is worthy of complaining about because I guarantee that someone else is having a shittier time. Doesn't mean you can't complain though. Sometimes everything just fucking sucks and you want to tell someone. I've definitely had a bunch of those moments and hell, I probably over dramatized some stuff to make it sound worse. It happens. And it's perfectly legit. I mean it's not like you're complaining about how your parents are making you pay your own car insurance I hope.

2.) Complain to me. :) Don't worry I won't find you annoying.

I am so sick of hearing about how I almost died, about how I went through hell and back, about how I'm a miracle. I get it. I know things were bad in the beginning. But I haven't been through hell and back. I don't remember the rough stuff and I'm not the one who suffered. It was hard on my family, not on me. My hell was when I lost my mom and nothing will top that. And I'm not  a miracle. I'm a nineteen year old college kid who just wants to be able to go back to school in the fall.

I hate that I have to withdraw from my classes. I wish I was in the dorm with GermanSam stressing about finals. I wish that all this crap hadn't happened. Not because it was hard on me, but because it screwed up my school so badly. I know that sounds stupid, but it's how I feel.

Honestly, the worst thing that's happened since I went into the hospital wasn't to me. There was a car accident and I lost two friends. I was pretty close to one of them and the other was his girlfriend. They were both amazing people and I miss them frequently. And because I was in the hospital, everyone kept it from me until a few days after the funeral. That hurt so freaking much. And I understand why they hid it, but I could have handled it. With all the crap I've been through in my life, I just don't understand why they didn't think I could.

And then there's the way people are treating me. I'm not made of glass. I know I'm not super strong, but damn it, I can get my own food and put away my dishes and walk around my high school theater and I'm not going to drop dead.  Gah. And everyone has all these ridiculous questions. "Can you eat real food?" "Can you see that?" "Can you walk?" Yes. I know there was a time I couldn't do these things, but I don't think I'd be home now if I still couldn't.

I love my family, but they're smothering me. And I love my friends, but the ones who weren't with me from the beginning are acting all weird.

I just want my life back. Is that too much to ask?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Time to set some rules with them?

Oh christ Fate. :V 

First I really hope that my phone convo with you didn't make you feel that way. I tried to avoid questions like "how was your cancer?", "are you okay?" because those seemed like really fucking stupid questions that you probably get asked a billion times. And being upset about school is completely normal. It just kinda sucks to feel left behind. 

I think just need to straight up tell people this because I don't think they will know until you tell them...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service