Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Pretty self-explanatory, eh? Oodles of smart people who are all smart in different areas means one thing; a kick ass homework help forum. So, have at it.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took A2 waay early.

Shiiit ,I knew it shoulda been a quadratic...

...Multiply the quantities together!  That should give you a quadratic. :D

O.o That is very early...

XD Is it the right quadratic? It's a very big quadratic... But maybe it is the right answer? I mean it makes some sense now... Since the Y axis should be the profit. 

Holy crap, this might actually be the answer. (The rest is very easy.) 

Every 2 dollar raise per guitar?

If it's per guitar, then first we need to figure out what the current profit per guitar (customer, p) is

45p=$50

p=$1.10

So for each time we raise the profit, we get 2n+1.1 ( where "n" is the number of times raised, because our first number is 0, the profit would be at 1.1 initially, then with 2+1.1, 4+1.1, 6+1.1 and so on added as you go along.)

Then you multiply this by the number of people buying. Keep in mind each time you raise, you loose a customer. So that part would be 45-n (again, the initial case, it started at 45 customers, and each time we loose one)

So your equation for profit if you're raising 2 dollars per guitar is (2n+1.1)(45-n)=profit

When making the graph, keep in mind that 2n is your change in cost (your x axis), with 2(0) being the beginning, and 2(1) being the one after it. Keep this in mind when making your graph. n is the number of times the cost was raised, not the change itself.

*headache*

I've been away from math for too long.

O.o... Wut. It just said price. And each guitar (I'm assuming because logically, 45 guitars are not worth $50) is $50.

No... The graph is all weird. Did I mention it needs to be a parabola? And I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be in Ax^2+Bx+C=0 (the zero is sometimes Y) format because the second question was to complete the square. (Putting it into y = a(x-p)^2+q format)

In your original post, you said profit...

EndOf's equation should be a parabola... you just need to expand to get it into ax^2+bx+c form.

OH. I see what you mean. I have no clue what the hell  it's asking for. All I know is that 45 used guitars are sold at $50 (it never said each though...) and the price per guitar was jacked up, therefore the price itself. 

But the numbers are weird... O.o Because the Y-axis is supposed to be the profit right...? 

God I hate this question. 

I was using the wrong number. See below.

(Keep in mind though that in the future, you will get terrible numbers like that all the time)

(XD Just not on this test. We were promised only one question with crap loads of decimals and that was the other word problem.)

*headesk*

I read it wrong.

Each guitar is $50

So (2n+50)(45-n)=profit

(Or rather -2n^2+40n+2250)

Here is the right graph.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%282x%2B50%29%2845-x%29%3Dy

My last graph gave data inconsistent with the scenario. The equation makes sense now.

XD Okay. Thank you. 

This makes so much more sense now.  

Which country produces more bauxite than any other country? South American country, that is. It's, like, not on the internet anywhere...

social studies teacher, when am I ever going to need this in life?

Brazil, apparently.

(I googled "bauxite" and found a chart of countries that produce it, then located the South American country closest to the top. Google is your best friend~~)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service