Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Romeo and Juliet is a black comedy.

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. 

I meant to read this ages ago but never got to it. I like it even though it's mediocre at best, and somehow my favourite character is the violent old guy. Of course. 

JUST FINISHED HERO OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME. But the author seems like a total flake. It came out in '07, and the alleged sequel doesn't even have a title yet. It's 2011 Perry, time to get your rear in gear and give us our book!

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe - Charles Yu.

First couple of pages in, and it's wonderfully witty.

That's why I even read thrillers (when I do). I love guessing the plot twists.

I was so close to getting the one in the last Preston & Child book I read, too. Turns out it wasn't a parasite, it was the flu (vaguely stated for spoilers). Huh.

...Right now I'm slogging through a slang dictionary to rewire my mind in preparation for a 1960s-era fic. Award for funniest slang term of the night goes to "double-gaited".

What's it mean?

Go on.

Guess.

You'll never get it.

Bisexual.

I giggled a little.

Jaws is more of a mediocre thriller, really :\ I like Michael Crichton and Robin Cook, mostly, though Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, separately and as a team, do some pretty good work and are actually still writing.

1960s slang is both endearing and baffling :V

Naamah's Kiss, by Jacqueline Carey.

I'm not sure if I should be appalled at the amount of sex in this book. What I am amused about is that most of it is lesbian sex at the moment, and I can imagine my mother's reaction to this.... whew!

The Regulators --Stephen King.

Just got ANGEL though, so that's probably going to take a back seat for the weekend.

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers. I just started it and I already know I'm going to love it.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
Mein Kampf, of all things, for a race and diversity course.
The guy doesn't even use sources...how the hell did people buy this?

...I just thought of Hitler posting Mein Kampf as a blog post and being ridiculed by 4chan over it, namely due to the absence of sources.

*Nervous, horrified laughter*

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service