Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agatha Christie is such win.
So is Homer. And Adams. And Shakespeare.

*approves of your reading choices*
XDD Half of them are your fault.

Not Adams or Shakespeare. But Christie? Yeah that's all you, and Homer. Well partially.
*interrupts* XDD I hadn't read any Christie until she said something, either.

Also, Xuut, I love A Midsummer Night's Dream. :D
It had been on my list before because I had wrote a story using one of the detective's names but not very high up on the never ending list. Until Lamp mentioned it.

I'm incredibly slowly inching my way through it. Also if it doesn't make sense I abuse Sparknotes. XDD
XDD That's my favorite Shakespeare, ever ever ever. But Twelfth Night is pretty damn close as well. And Julius Caesar...

But on that note, I hate Romeo and Juliet with a passion, so, I guess I'm not that much of a Shakespeare fan...
Until this year Shakespeare intimidated me. My intense hate for classics (which was before I read To Kill A Mockingbird, which I loved to death), I blame Little Women, prevented me for really bothering. So this is the first one and I like it so far because there's some guy from Greek Mythology.

XDD Romeo and Juliet from what I hear sounds like a dreadful play.
I love most Shakespeare. Except Romeo and Juliet, ohmygod *dies*

Ehh. To Kill A Mockingbird wasn't my favorite.

Oh, jeez. It's terrible. Even most people who like it agree that it's horribly overrated.
XDD Yes... Definitely not going to be the first couple I intend to read.

-Really liked To Kill a Mockingbird- Granted I didn't have to read it in class which may be part of the reason why I like it so much. As opposed to something like The Giver which I did or The Outsiders. Hate those bloody books.
XD To Kill a Mockingbird was... meh. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't that good. I had to read it in school, though, so....
*interrupting Nathan* Romeo and Juliet is much better when you consider it as a black comedy >.>
I'm reading R&J right now, in class *is also interrupting* and my teacher is excellent. She's a walking sparknotes, and happily tells us all the raunchy jokes and obscure little tibbits. Makes me giggle.
*coughs* Whether it intentional or not, but. . . 'tis so much better comparing everything to the Trojan War. I mean, even the one guy's name is Paris for crying out loud. . . .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service