Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

The church I am currently going to has decided to try and reach a goal that I think is worth while, getting 500 people to accept Jesus Christ as their savior by Thanksgiving next year. I know I'm not a "shove-Christianity-down-your-throat" kind of person but I think it is a worthwhile goal that I want to help achieve so if anyone wants to help me with this goal or is curious about Jesus please come here.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I practice daily.
I wish I had that kind of commitment V.V
this is why i'm the master and you're the grasshopper.
I dunt liek being a grasshopper
Fine... I'll be a jedi and you can be my Padawan
Do i get a lightsaber?
yes
Sorry... been an atheist forever. Good luck though.
*sigh* I think I'm going to fail to convert anyone here and fail hard. >.> *is still going to try* Jesus loves you!
*sighs*

If people want to follow... whatever sect of Christianity it is that you are a part of, they'll do so at their own pace. Nobody likes it when people try to "convert" them to anything. Your best bet, is to leave this discussion up, and let people know that if they have any questions, you'd be more than willing to answer. That way the ball is in their court. You probably wouldn't like it, if an atheist came to you and tried to convince you that there was no God. It's the same idea, in a sense.
XD I try to give peoples' beliefs the same respect that I'd want them to have for mine, but if they start the argument first, then it's fair game. I had to go to Sunday School once, got into an argument with the teacher (which, for the record, I didn't in any way start - I was just quiet, and she started shoving it down my throat - I was like 10-ish) and pushed her to the point where she couldn't come up with a counter-argument. XD
To be honest, if I was capable of believing in that kind of thing, I wouldn't try to find flaws in it. I want to believe in some kind of religion, it seems so comforting. I just... naturally look for flaws in it, which makes it not-so-comforting. >.>

XD Have fun.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service