Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

The church I am currently going to has decided to try and reach a goal that I think is worth while, getting 500 people to accept Jesus Christ as their savior by Thanksgiving next year. I know I'm not a "shove-Christianity-down-your-throat" kind of person but I think it is a worthwhile goal that I want to help achieve so if anyone wants to help me with this goal or is curious about Jesus please come here.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think most religions an answer for those questions, but you shouldn't ask me. I just... could never, really, believe it. My parents have always been really accepting of every religion, and they encouraged me to look into it and see what I believed, or didn't believe. They're both agnostic.
Are those questions simply rhetorical, or did you want an answer? I'd really rather not get into a religious debate with you, however if you were actually looking for an answer, I could give you my take on them. I'm not the most devoutly religious, and my thoughts sometimes differ more than slightly from church's, but I can reconcile these, the church's view, and my own, in my mind at least.
Good point.
Good luck with this.

I don't think God is too happy with me.

The only times I ever went to Church was when they were handing out free coupons to McDonalds for a hula hoop contest and another because they were handing out free hotdogs if you sat there and listened to a fat lady sing.

I've never seen a bible before...
My grandmother apparently collects old Bibles. One she has is in Russian, and belonged to someone in her family -- I can't remember who.

If I weren't so damn awkward I'd bring a sack of tapes and a tape recorder and ask her about her family history some time. She knows quite a bit.
Do it Nat,

One of the things I most loved about cleaning out my grandma's stuff was the really old photos. Every one of those people had a story (and there were some interesting ones!), and those stories get lost when people die. Or go nuts like my grandma.

It was kinna awesome seeing what was kept by my Dad's family at my pop's funeral, too. They had the tickets from Scotland to NZ, Pop's RAF papers, newspaper clippings and a photo of my nana from when she was my age now.
Fffff I never see her though D:
I recycled the one I was given at school. Such a waste of paper...I was never gonna read it...
*resists glareing at you for recycling a Bible*
The dude saved some environment >.> The Bible is available free online... kill less trees that way.
God hates trees.
No I just don't like people doing bad stuff to the Holy Word.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service