Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I was just wondering - how many of you are in College? And if not, where are all of you going? I myself am staying here and going to UNM (University of New Mexico) in January, since I'm graduating from High School early. (I don't see any point in going out of state for your undergraduate degree. It's cheaper to stay in state, and you'll get roughly the same education with little to no debt at the end. Plus, New Mexico has the Lottery Scholarship, and with that, College is looking pretty freaking affordable right now.)

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep.

My parents, thankfully, don't give a damn. :D

And no matter where I end up going, it's not going to be in Colorado. .-.

It be expensive for international.. . . . .'tis so lovely, though, yes.

You could go to school with Xuut!

I know. But it looks so nice...

:D

Which campus? The one in Vancouver or the one in Kelowna?

It's dirt cheap in contrast to most American universities and it's one of the best in Canada and about on par with Ivy League schools. Plus they don't look at the stupid SATs as far as I was informed. 

If you have a good average (80+) you'll probably be accepted. My only concern is A.) you wouldn't know anyone and B.) you'd have to live on your own and it'd be costly as hell. However, UBC has shit tonnes of scholarships and bursaries and I'm sure you could get some easily. 

But as Lamp pointed out, maybe we can go together! :D Unless I decided Geulph would be fun, but I dunno. I wanna see how everything pans out in the next two or three years.

Vancouver.

I'm not sure it's cheap for me in contrast to American universities. xD International makes it more expensive.

:D Well, of course. I mean, I assume I'll still have the same interests for majors in the next two years, but that could change.

:D Awesome possum. Me too. XD

You can check:  http://www.students.ubc.ca/youbc/va/costs.cfm (I've done some research... -cough-) For a Science it's around 35k regardless of whether you live on campus in a single room or off campus. Brown costs around 45k with room and boarding. It's /still/ cheaper than going to an Ivy League but you're getting the same education more or less. I'm more inclined to think UBC is better but I'm biased.

XD I don't even know what I want to major in anymore. I'm so confused, and I originally chose Geulph so I could visit my friend but now that's gone to hell as well. 

40k for "Fine Arts" - which I'm assuming includes English and language classes... My brother's, I'm pretty sure, was a little bit more than half that...

... That's a lot...

For Fine Arts it's around 17 grand total for me if I were to live on campus in a single room. I could probably get around $10 000 of scholarships and only have to pay back $7 000.

If I were American I think I'd be dead on the street by the time I'm 23. 

Well, it was 33-something, but I converted to American dollars. And that's with a shared room. >.>

I'm praying for scholarship money so hard.

I'm considering Trinity University or St. Johns College (I. Fucking. LOVE this college. Ask me why. Go on, ask me why.)
Why?

I swear to God, everyone I fucking know has considered going to St. Johns at some point. 

That's not bad, mind you, just... does everyone I know share a hivemind with me?

(Incidentally, I interviewed there. It's fucking rad. I only went to the Santa Fe campus, but it's fucking awesome. Fewer people than in my high school graduating class, and the curriculum is badass.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service