Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

AKA come write 50 000 words in a month. It's fun, I promise. (Moar info here.)

So, any other NaNoers here? (I'm Artaxiad Prescott.)

If so, got a plan yet? What's your novel about?

Views: 1255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*laughs*

I do that as well. . . .

Then, if I get really irritated over a character, I'll suddenly kill them off. Why? Because they'd something stupid/annoying that I didn't like. *has no control over fictional characters*
XD *same*

At first you can develop them yourself, but after a few pages their personalities take over, and they do whatever they want. Which is annoying, because then they pretty much decide where the story goes from there... *was kind of hoping somebody else would get this*

I tried to explain to my family and RL friends, and they just.... no, they couldn't understand how you lose control....
My friends understand that. . . family, not at all. X_X
My friends.... yeah, these are the people who said "What are you writing about? Ooh, you should put a vampire in there!"
Me: "Uhh, it's not gonna be fantasy, I'm not creative enough for that."
Them: "Just throw one in there anyway!"
Me: "So, just randomly throw a vampire into the middle of it?"
Them: "Yeah! Vampires are soooo hot!"
Me: "Oh. Right. You wanted a sparklepire, not a real vampire...."
Them: "Duh!"

So, yeah, we're not really on the same page when it comes to writing/books.... or anything, for that matter.....
XD My friends. . .. know better than to discuss books we obviously will have a VERY different opinion on.

I got two of my friends to sign up for NaNo, which'll be fun, too.
Nice. I briefly mentioned it to my friends, all of whom said I was crazy, but then the bitchy friend who insists on doing everything together said she'd join. I (now this might seem like exaggerating, but with her pace, it's actually being generous) told her that she'd have to write for several hours a day. She said "well I don't want to write all of it." I said "then why join?" she didn't know. She hates writing. She just wanted to do it because I'm doing it. I kindly directed her to FictionPress.
XD Nice.

My friends thought it was the coolest thing in the world (or at least the group of them, which I told), and are pretty sure that they won't be able to finish due to the timing. However. . . now we know what we'll be doing at lunch through Nov.
XD Nice. Oh, my friends think I've really gone off the deep end with this one.
A few days ago I decided I was going to do it. I signed up and everything. But, the more I think about it, the more I decide against it...I don't know. I might try it.
Oh what the hell, if this will finally make me finish that stupid fic, I'll do it. Watch it suck badly.
*revives for NaNo 2010*

Holy shit this exists.

Derping merrily along at 1872 words. How the fuck. I didn't even research this part. I haven't even planned it yet!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service