Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Ning are a bunch of douches -- UPDATED 10 AUGUST

The site has been paid for for one year in advance.

(You can donate! Please see the link at the top of my profile if you want to throw some money in.)

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even the mini plan isn't that bad. We could make it work. Do you have custom CSS right now?
Yeah... but I can't write in it :\ So it's no use to me.
Ahh. Alright. It's not too hard to learn, but.... it's also not worth it. *shrugs*
I'm not sure about $20/month because I get cut off during the summer and school breaks. >.> If I got a job I doubt it'd be a problem. I've wanted a job for a while anyways.

But I need to first get my mother to get me a friggin' bank account so I can actually pay for these things.
So, I see there might be issues with money. Here's what my site's doing, we might want to consider the same thing here.
We're opening a paypal account, brand new, and linking it to interested and trusted members. We're running of donations. We're going for the yearly price of 200$. While there are ~150 members, maybe 30 are active and maybe 15 really care (like, would be devastated wit the site gone). We're encouraging anyone who wants to donate go five ~10-15 dollars. The advantage of this is that we're only going to have to do this once a year, it's cheaper, and there wouldn't be the constant threat of losing the site.
This might be more of an issue for this site, since I'm doubting terribly many here, especially the younger members have credit cards or anything with which this would work. But. . . . 'tis an idea.
You has a site?
Not the creator, but. . .the creator is fairly inactive do to some issues right now and I'm the next in line when it comes to admin/modding. So. . . ish, yes. I set it all up, so *pride* *considers it mine, in a sense, anyways* *coughs*
Hmmm.... Is there any particular reason that all the sites have split? I know it's a stupid idea... But it seems to me like none of these sites are really all that active. What if we all chose one site and all pitched in to pay for it.

I mean, not only would there be one, really active site, but we would get to meet other, new, awesome people and we could all help pay.

'Tis just an idea, of course. I'm probably missing something huge and obvious... It just seemed like the most logical solution.
My site isn't off MX.
Loads other aren't. and frankly we all have our own cliques, etc. No one is going to want to move to another site, and see their site die unless that's the /only/ option of staying in touch with people. Many here are on The Spot, not really a MX site, kinda a TTS branch-off with MX'ers, too.

See, we've tried that in a sense already. Last year when both Avenged and Z made a site to get away from mods/the new layout changes. Neither ended up being terribly active after a while, though it was attempted, no one really moved/merged anywhere, either.

Fact of the matter is, people don't like to move. You end up losing loads the more you ask them too. We want to avoid that and yet, keep the site. Archiving things would be a pain, and. . . .well, it's nice to have everything with only a few platforms.
Ok. Just wondering, of course...
Yeah, same with mine, but we're going to sell t-shirts as well as take donations (and yes, I am aware of possible copyright fuckovers, but I think I've got that under control). Ning are indeed a bunch of douches - affordable my ass. I need the $500 one because my members have to be able to post videos, but I'm just going to make them do it through YouTube or hell, Max-Dan-Wiz. Not worth $300 extra bucks a year for that.

It seems like this site could run under the Mini version, as you guys don't seem to use the stuff that they're taking away anyways, and you can always post the chatzy link on the main page. It doesn't seem worth it to me to spend $200 as opposed to $20 when you don't need to.

Avenged's so-obvious-it-doesn't-need-to-be-said statement of the day . . . *bows*

EDIT: Forgot to put this, but I suppose you could send out a broadcast and see if inactive members will be willing to remove their profiles. It's suckish, but I'm sure there's 41 inactive members who couldn't care less if they're still on here or not.
Dude, we totally have T-shirts and merchandise, too. I never thought of using that. . . .

*nods* I'm just having members upload/get things from youtube than then embed it. We might make a site YT account, but, it's worth not having to find another $300 in one month.

Re: the edit. I. . . .feel like that's kind of part of this site's/MXs history and everything. But, yeah. I know I have more than one account here, so. . . .there's one less member.

For this site, there's so many Chatzy's right now. . . .x.x Not that Chatzy isn't a lovely programme, but. . . *complains*

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service