Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That looks okay I guess. But it didn't say anything about the religion.
Christian schools have a habit of producing agnostics or atheists.

The Carden Foundation isn't a Christian organization, however all of its schools (to my knowledge) are. They have two different types of schools, basically.

"Carden School of [city]" tend to focus more on academics, and they're for "gifted students." Mine used to require an aptitude test, but they cut that a few years ago because kids weren't getting in, and it's so expensive that they didn't have enough students who could both make it in and pay for it.

"Carden Christian Academy" puts more of a focus on the religion. They have daily religion classes, and like Carden Schools, they pray every morning (and some teachers insist on it before lunchtime). Otherwise, it's just a very small school, with, yes, ugly uniforms. But it's really a great education, seriously. It's wonderful. Small classes are awesome, and however dated the curriculum/books may be, at least in the younger grades they're pretty useful -- older grade teachers tend to use actual textbooks that public schools are using to get you ready for HS (they only go through 8th) and just sprinkle in little bits of "Carden Method" stuff and extras.

...wow, that was really long. Sorry. But, yeah, she'll be fine. It's a good system.

That's okay. That was helpful. Thank you.

And I don't really like the praying thing, but okay. I can live with that. Thanks!

Dear advice column,

What do you do when you're in love with your best friend and both of you are females, while the friend is the straight one and you're the pansexual one?

Love, Confessor

Don't openly ask the friend for a romantic relationship, as this could ruin your friendship and leave you with no relationship at all.  If you're really set on her, try to drop subtle signals that you want the relationship to go further, if she responds, continue, if not, stop.  Remember that the shock of hearing your best friend ask you out can be enough to make her freak out, regardless of if she is willing to.  Ease into it.

I push so many people away and I can't do anything right. I don't wanna pick up the razor again but I'm falling and it's just a matter of time until I hit rock bottom. I'm dying and I just wish someone would reach out and save me.

What have I done? I mean, I'm so stupid and horrible. And nobody needs someone like that around. I should just die.

How am I supposed to treat you if you won't come to me?

Dude. We're here and we care. Or I do, anyway. Don't make me come save your ass in person.

Met a guy last night at friend's 21st. We got a bit friendly. Debating whether to friend him on facebook.

Friended him.

Now I feel all awkward.

There's a guy coming over to my house this week.

Regardless of what place he may hold in my life in the present or future, it would still be embarrassing for my dad to make fun of my appearance in front of him, as my dad so often does.

Any advice?
Talk to your dad? This could backfire horribly, but if you remain calm when you're talking ('mature'), he might listen.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service