Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not familiar with the Christian system, but that's the impression I got from Dante's Inferno.
The Bible says that you go to hell if you commit suicide? Where?

No, wait, sorry, never mind. No argument about that here.
End, I've never been this mad at someone in my entire life. Thanks a lot.
How do you figure?
Why the hell would you say that suicide sends somebody to Hell? Do you even care or is caring below you?
Well, the question above was religious based, questioning if a suicidal person goes to heaven. As far as I know about most theological setups, suicide is generally frowned upon, and in the Christian theology at least, results in the consequence of hell.

Which brings us to the very purpose of Theology; to establish a set of morals for a particular place and time. Again, most religions portray suicide as having a negative consequence, because they wish not to promote it and the psychological effects it has on those around the subject of it. The concept is that if the result of committing suicide is "hell," the subject would be less inclined to perform the action.

So let's review:
I've given a scientific statement that death by suicide is not reccomended, as there is no philosophical or psycological benefit, and in fact produce additional harm.
I've given a theological statement that death by suicide is not reccomended, as most theologies depict it as having negative results and connotations.

In short, I am doing everything in my power to DENY the subject any pleasure that they may have of the concept of suicide. Yes, it is harsh, but with good reason.
End, just stop. You've done this before. Frankly, it isn't helpful or doing anything positive.
Did you totally ignore the last question?

Btw, I'm not stupid so please don't act like I am.
@Lamp: How so?
I can't believe I'm doing this. Again.

Consequences are natural consequences. Unless you're speaking of Catholics, you've got it all wrong. And not even your patronizing tone can keep you from looking ignorant this time.

If she believes that Jesus died for her sins, and loves God with all her heart, SHE FUCKING GETS TO GO TO HEAVEN. That's it. Case closed. It's really that simple.
@End: How so? Are you kidding me? Do you really not understand how wrong your statement was?
@Hannah:
I am ignorant, I'm not Christian. I'm working off of Christianity as it has been presented to me in an educational environment, which is to say namely the views presented in various English Literature classes.

So, since you're here and available, can you explain the views on Suicide by the other sects?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service