Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

D:

I honestly don't know what to say.

Um...good luck?
This has never happened before. Two guys like me. At the same time.

If you ever need a self-esteem boost, watch two relatively-cool-but-still-douchy-sometimes guys fight over you. Best. Day. Evar. I'm getting way too much enjoyment out of this...
xD
Congratulations, beautiful. :3
Am I a reflection of someone else's expectation of me?
Partially.
So, does that mean I'm not my own person?
No, it means that in part you act in the ways you were brought up and socialized to. You are a part of your culture, which influences your behavior.
It means that your are partially not your own person, which is to say that you are made of two components: your own introspection and the semantic data you've collected over the years from external sources. The former is "you" as you understand yourself, the latter is information, opinions, etc from other people, resources, and observations. The two combine to make the person that I assume I'm interacting with at the moment.

XP
This is what I get for taking a Psychology course and a Philosophy course in the same semester.
Sounds like sociology to me... mixed with a little psych, too.
The real question is, are you a reflection of your own expectations?
Of course not. You know that.
True, but my point was more spend less time trying to fulfill the expectations of others, when you can work on those of yourself.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service