Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

[Edited Because I Fracking Can]

Welcome to the Secret Confessions thread. Beyond the pure anonymity of the internet, there lies a certain level of understanding behind all the accounts here on FF. The SC account carries burden of allowing the user to give a candid, private confession with (hopefully) understanding feedback. The SC thread is for other posters to give kind and/or helpful advice, words of empathy, or a secret of their own (under the SC name or not).

This account is a group account, and EVERYONE needs to treat it respectfully. By posting under the Secret Confessor, you are pledging to refrain from hate mail, "finger-pointing", insulting and being a jerkface. By posting in the SC thread, you are pledging to keep the comments respectful. This has not yet been a problem, but it's nice to have written down "just in case".

If you would like to use the SC account for ANY reason beside posting in this thread, please PM me- even if it's under the SC name (this is not to exert authority, but to maintain order over a very accessible account).

Thank you!

email/login:
secretconfession@ymail.com
Password: secret

Views: 2427

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You see, that's why you're Fishy, and you're lovely. If you smiled /all/ the time, you would have slightly too much smile in you and we wouldn't love you as much.
*smiles a lot, though... XD*
Depends on the doc specifically.

I don't have all that much experience with psychiatrists, but I did spend quite a bit of time in court-ordered therapy as a kid after family antics and such.

On the first visit, they'll usually ask you a bunch of routine questions, some totally normal, and some kind of random. "Do you have suicidal thoughts?" "How are you doing in school?" "Are you currently in a romantic relationship?" "Are you on any medication?" etc.

And then you just... talk. They'll ask questions, and usually let you talk about whatever's bothering you.

My very first therapist, when I was 7, though, was an odd one. She talked to my stuffed monkey, which I brought along with me everywhere. It was my security blanket. Seven year old talking to monkey? Okay, sure. That's normal, she's 7. Fifty-something therapist talking to monkey? What the fuck.
I don't have a monkey. I should be fine...
XD That was just my own personal example for "most therapists are helpful; some are totally nuts themselves."
Yeah... A therapist doesn't sound completely horrible if I had a good one, but if they start prescribing me meds, I'm outta there. My friend once got prescribed so many anti-depressants that she had seizures when she went off them and vomited for hours, flailing her arms wildly.
Psychiatrist?

Having been to them more times than is probably healthy, they'll likely sit you down, ask you and your parents a few questions, and then depending on how ridiculous the whole thing sounds, they'll decide whether or not to prescribe you a medication, and then recommend a therapist or two for you to keep talking with.

In short, a psychiatrist is a doctor, allowed to run medical tests if he/she feels it needed. There are some psychology/talking-therapy elements as well, but not so much. And none of it is worth getting frightened over--Neurosci scanning stuff is completely painless, and mental medications you only notice the effects of in retrospect and a very long time.
My friend went to a psychiatrist and they prescribed her so many anti-depressants that when she finally got off of them, she went through drug withdrawals and had seizures and whatnot.
That's the psychiatrist's fault. Her parents should have sued them for malpractice (or questioned about the type and number of antidepressants), and your body chemistry may be different from your friends.

I was prescribed methylphenidate (you know it better as ritalin) and sertraline (also called zoloft) during 9th grade. Kept on schedule, eased back on them over time, and now I'm quite fine without them. No withdrawal symptoms.
That sounds like the psychiatrist was a fuckup. You're supposed to ease into and ease off of antidepressants.
I feel like screaming.

...like, literally.
Why? :/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service