Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Pretty self-explanatory, eh? Oodles of smart people who are all smart in different areas means one thing; a kick ass homework help forum. So, have at it.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...I remember how, but I can't explain it very well. Got a sample problem?
You're solving for x, right?
In that case, solve for x the way you normally do, just be sure to flip the inequality sign if you multiply or divide both sides by a negative number.
The line thing means it's a fraction / division.

It works out to -66 / -6 = 11. *whore*

Can you give, like, an example problem for the variable-solving stuff?
That line is a division sign, or 'vinculum' if you want to sound like a smart-ass.

For the variable ones: whut Nathan said.
Haha, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell now makes an iota more sense. I see what you did there, Susanna Clarke...
Intro to "How to solve for a variable".

"x" is how mathematicians say "some number"

so, let's say x=1+1. Simplify one side of the equation, and now you have x=2. Therefore x is 2.

But what if it's x+1=2? In that case, you need to remember that the equation must balance, so just as 1+1=1+1 and 1+1-1=1+1-1, simplifying to 1=1, whatever you do to one side, you must do to the other. So x+1-1=2-1 (see what I did there? Then you simplify: x=1.

The both sides of the equation thing also goes for addition, division, and multiplication.
So I don't need help with homework... particularly. I just need help with my weird mental issue that is seriously reflected on my grades.

So, most classes either have a summer assignment, or if not they have a first day/week of school assignment. I always feel compelled to be really fucking amazing on that one assignment, and after, I go back to being lazy and BSing everything.

Why is this a problem? Teachers seem to decide how they feel about you and what standards they'll hold you to by that first assignment.

So, right now, I'm all "I am going to write the BEST CHARACTER ANALYSIS EVER. Harper Lee couldn't describe Scout Finch like I'm going to. It's going to be the most fantastic thing my teacher has ever seen."

And once this very good, but definitely not as good as I said in my previous sentence, essay is turned in, my new teacher will forever hold me to that standard and I will receive a lower-than-hoped-for grade in that class, because dude, I cannot write the essay of my life EVERY day. Yet for some reason I can't get myself to half-ass my first assignment, either. It's like I feel like I need to prove myself.

This ended up being more of a rant than a question. But, if you have suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.
Some teachers go 'Oh, she's a good student. She must just be having an off day, I know she deserves good marks, so I'll allow her a little leniency'. You don't know how your teacher will grade till you get into their class, but there's no harm in giving a good first impression. Normally, it's a good thing.
I've had a couple of teachers like that. And the teachers I had for multiple years in elementary/MS actually knew me, but I only had that with a couple of them. But I've had this problem forever, with new teachers. XD It never seems to work out in my favor.
I LOVE TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD.

*cough*
Uh, what psychotic freak doesn't love To Kill A Mockingbird?
I have to write a two-page paper about some example of a worldview in tv/books/whatever.

And the whole idea that the world is going to come to an end unless I learn how to classify random fictional people's beliefs in high school is just stupid. I mean, besides the fact that it's pointless, no TV show or movie is going to show if the characters have a world view because it's politically incorrect to show a biased.

Anyways, I need an idea. Really bad. Because it's due tomorrow.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service