Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Pretty self-explanatory, eh? Oodles of smart people who are all smart in different areas means one thing; a kick ass homework help forum. So, have at it.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*nods* Second part of that is really rather important. I don't know about your teachers, but all of mine have drilled into me that repetition is very very bad.

You need to restate it without making them feel like they're reading it for the third time, so things like highlighting the links between each of your points, and if it's a discussion, or a 'Do you agree', show how all your points sort of weigh up. To What Extent are also rather common and leave quite a bit of room for you to assess your points, instead of just rehashing them. It also makes sure you address the direction wording, which it's very easy to overlook.
If it helps, NEVER EVER EVER put, "and in conclusion," or something along the lines of that.

I mean that just lacks creativity and is at best, expected from maybe a seventh or eighth grade level. You usually have to be more creative like, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has not only been inspirational and undoubtedly witty, but it has various elements that a good comedy should always have. Reason 1, reason 2, reason 3.."

I always find that the first sentence for both the opening and the closing are the hardest. Usually the rest just comes to you.
How do you convert an entire radical to a mixed radical. With bloody fractions on the outside.

Like this:

-2/3 X sqrt 180

(Note: The sqrt 180 is actually right beside the -2/3 which I'm pretty sure is multiplying...)
Could you please put that exactly as that appears on the sheet? It would explain a lot. That could be [-2x(180)^.5]/3 for all I know.
Sure.

It looks like that. ^

And I'm supposed to convert it to a mixed radical. Explaining the steps would be awesome.
ah.
First, move the square root to the better location.
[-2(180)^.5]/3
Next, take the root of 180. Either use a calculator to do this, or get close enough.
(180)^.5=(9*4*5)^.5=3*2(5)^.5=6(5)^.5

then, apply the fraction to whatever's outside the root.
6* (-2/3)= -4
and stick that in front of the remaining root.
-4(5)^.5
Okay.

:D This has worked.

Thank you so much.

Much better than my teacher's cross reducing weird thing.

Again. Thank you. :D
Happy to be of some use.
Semicolons/colons. WTF?
Colons mark either a list, or an explanation of the preceding phrase.

A semi colon connects too related statements that could be separate sentences on their own (independent clauses).

http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/410/grammar/colons.htm
:D Yes... So for the most part I've been doing it right, and my wanna-be-grammar-Nazi friends are losers.
Je suis tres stupide.

Je veux aider avec moi devoirs de mathematics.

And that is so grammatically wrong but I guess people get the gist of it.

Can someone explain to me how to simplify this:

Which if you cannot read my crappy picture, it's:

2 times the square root of 6 divided by 5 minus the square root of 2.

And if did that all on my calculator, and got some random decimal number, would it be the same as the simplified answer of this?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service