Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's pretty much the funniest book I've ever read.
I can't believe I've never answered this thread... D:

The ABC Murders, and... hm, that's it right now.
The Iliad. And I must admit, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Except for all of the additional characters I couldn't give a shit about that are thrown in just to confuse me, it's an epic story. Also, I'm looking forward to reading Odyssey.

Question: Is it THE Iliad and THE Odyssey? Because the title is just "Iliad" and "Odyssey", but everyone says 'the'.
I just finished a couple of books by a guy I can't remember the name of. David Something-Davies. I'll have to find thew books wehn i can get to them .-. But they were good. Fire Bringer and another about a wolf pack, but the name is avaiding me again.
I finished a Doctor Who book called The Eyeless the other day too, and just started reading another. Shame I wont have as much time to read soon, go back to work at the end of the week.
Guards! Guards!, Stardust, and probably something else soon, as I'm going to the library in a couple hours.

As for how I like them, Terry Pratchett's work is, needless to say, amazing. And Stardust isn't nearly as good as Gaiman's other novels I've read. That being said, it might have something to do with the fact that in the copy I have, the font is infuriatingly large. It's not a large print copy. >.<'
I'm also going to the library soonish <.>

...me I'm doing lots of boring research reading. Currently it's The Century World's Fair Book. Fascinating.

While I do have to read dull reference books, I also get to hunt down archaic guides to London / NYC, AND read old literature.
>.>

What for?
My JulNo/epic lifedestroying project is set in an alternate 1890s.

This is an excuse for me to seek out loads of research material so I can create a really detailed background.

Also wtf The Great Train Robbery is out of print. what is this. Guess I gotta special-order it... or take a trip to a used bookstore.

To complete the nerdwank here, my current lust is a 1910 book of maps of London. Oh Baedeker. I lust after your book (but I was two dollars ten cents too poor to buy it).
By Crichton? How can that be out of print?
Yep, Crichton. I have no fucking idea. I thought it was totally hardcore.

My library doesn't have a copy. The district doesn't have a copy. The bookstore near me says "hey we can special-order it for you".

I am horrified :C
That's bizarre, my high school library had one.

And I assume internet hunting isn't your idea of a good time?
So did mine, but I'm no longer a student and they're closed for the summer.

I was at the library and bookstore today -- I thought, naively, that surely one of the two would have a copy.

Yeah, no.

I'll probably special-order the book anyway >:\ The things I do in the name of research.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service