Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DX

Absolutely nothing.

*ran out of books*
Looking for another good genetics fiction... not Uglies or Oryx and Crake, the latter I'm going to dig up at my own leisure.

Also, I reorganized my bookshelves, which considering that a whole shelf is personal stuff, involved some reading.
NOT THE ILIAD. WOO. I'm officially D O N E.

Now I'm reading the Odyssey. >.>
Firestarter by Stephen King.

While reading this I couldn't help but imagine that Patterson may have stolen a lot of Charlie (seven-year-old girl, can move things and set things on fire with her mind) and turned it into Angel... except that King did it right, Patterson did it wrong. With Angel it's all very internal and even when we see inside her head, it's very calm, dry, there's no worry about her powers or abilities. With Charlie on the other hand, it's so apparent and heartbreaking that it makes you feel sympathetic and sorry for her, even though she's capable of killing people by looking at them.
That is probably one of my all-time favorite books, period. And Charlie's one of my favorite characters. Angel and pretty much every MR character are blank 1-D one-note characters.

Charlie actually has, y'know. Depth.
Finished yesterday. Waiting for two more books via UPS...
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

I'm on page two, having started it a minute ago, and the author used the word "chagrin." Gah.
MR3, for a few details for a fanfic
For my summer reading assignment:
Mythology by Edith Hamilton

For fun:
Hold Still by Nina LaCour I'm having a hard time getting through it. It's making me cry more than it should.
Just finished Rage: A Love Story by Julie Anne Peters. ♥♥
Brave New World.

Tis wonderful. :D
XD
We talked about that in my 12th grade English class. My teacher asked to the class, "What would you think if America really was like this" to which I replied, "Too late!"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service