Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well yes, but Ian Malcolm was discussing Chaos Theory, which is a very difficult topic to beat out.
The Iliad by Homer

and

Contagious by Scott Sigler.
This one is getting more and more interesting as it goes along. The book before it was meh, but this one holds my attention better. A good mix of biology, military, and mystery.
Am I the only one who thought the Iliad pwned over the Odyssey? I liked it SO much better.
Really?

I thought the Illiad was better written and the Odyssey was more interesting and fun.
^This
Illiad is all, "A bunch of guys fight. Todd, son of Todd, grandson of Todd of the Todd clan, died because Fred, son of Fred, grandson of Fred stabbed him with his sword, which was named Sasha. And the ants name was Diggery. Oh, and there was this guy who say what happened named James Gatz. And a bunch of other names."

Wheras the Odyssey is all, "BLAH! CYCLOPS! LOTUS EATERS! MONSTERS! ZOMBIES!"

...Crazy shit,
Lols. But other than the actual battle scenes, it was more interesting in my opinion.
Othello.

I keep jokingly telling my sister that she should read it. I tried to get my dad to read it (he does not natively speak English) and he was all, "WTF. This isn't English. I don't understand it at all." I then proceeded to show him all the words he knew. Just not in order.

Aaaand, Spirit Bound. God damn my friends.
Shakespeare is an overrated writer. >_>

More importantly, why are we both up at this time? I have an excuse, I guess, since I never sleep, but...
I wanted to read about people getting strangled. -Weirdie-

XDD But it was only like 1 AM for me tops. MST is lovely.
I was up to five AM this morning. O.O

And I was playing video games. And kicking ass.

So...insomnia=awesome reflexes.

What the hell, god.
XDD -Used to do that a lot-

Yeah I went from AST to MST so now when it's like 5 AM for everyone else I'm all, "Lol wut, it's like 3."

Duuude, I have no clue. My brother does it all the time and he's always screaming at the computer like a maniac. Maybe it's because you're tired? I come up with the crackiest things when I'm tired.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service