Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel wanky for saying it, but yes, my depression did come out of the woodwork around the time I got banned in April, and yes, I believe the ban influenced that. MX was an outlet for me. Not having even that safe place was... bad.
Dude, the internet was my safe place. It was the only place that I could go and be completely comfortable, nothing to worry about. Now more than ever, too, because the last few months of last school year were awesome, but I'm not doing well with the new school thing.... I counted on having MX to fall back on when everything else went to hell.
Fandom has always been my safe place.

Not really having that anymore has been... interesting.
The legal aspect.. . . . isn't helping either. I mean, this place used to be pretty much void of drama, other than debates and the occasional hate thread. Now. . . .drama of every sort, and it's murder. It's like our safe haven, has been brutally destroyed.
And we can't get away from the drama by moving to a different site..... this is horrible. *clings* I miss MX. And TH. And.... everything. It's gone. They killed it. Thanks a whole lot, mods, you killed the ONE thing I had going for me.
*nods*

Dudes, you know my friends seriously think I'm going through depression, randomly? And the fact I've been sick for so long doesn't help. I just. . . .. I miss what this all used to be. . .
My friends..... well, yeah, the one bitch wouldn't talk to me for being "distant" the day after my ban/the legal stuff. But the others..... they're starting to allow me to distance myself. And as nice as I thought that'd be, I miss them annoying me with "no, but you HAVE to come to the _____ with me!"

They're just letting me be anti-social.
Probably. And it's appreciate, oh it is definitely appreciated, but I feel guilty now, like I should be hanging out with them constantly. I can't help it....
My friends are very laid back, we're all more or less a tad anti social. . . but. . . the fact it's noticed, surprised me.

*understands*
My friends... understand or at least my closest two.

One of them is an RPer. She gets how I make these random online friendships online and how they effect me. She herself has many.

The other has an online boyfriend. She's sort of obsessive with him. Most of our friends don't like her boyfriend. To me he seems okay.
*understands*

A friend of mine, who I thought never to be online anymore, randomly chatted with me the other day (online of course, which was more surprising). He has an online girlfriend. . . that was one of the. . . oddest conversations I'd had with him, as I didn't at all expect it.

I have one friend who. . . was on a site like this, her internet obsession is over, so she understands. . .but she's appalled by legal stuff being brought into it. Nor has she heard anything of cyber-based laws. . .
I don't think any of my RL friends use the Internet beyond FB, YT, google and MLIA. They certainly wouldn't get the whole forum obsession thing, or actually befriending people over the Internet. I couldn't imagine trying to explain the legal thing to them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service