Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*realizes the excessive amount of info provided*
Sorry.

Then it'll be fun, right?
It's just so different from the way we do things and *ded*

Yeah. Well. I'll pass.
How do you guys roll?
In grade school we do, like, basic stuff. Middle school, prealgebra. Then freshman year algebra, sophomore year geometry, junior year Algebra II/Trig, and senior year Trig/Precalculus.

This is if you're not a total freak genius. If you are, you can go all the way up to AP Calculus BC, but hell fucking no.
We do PreAl in 7th, and A1 in 8th, if you're a person who likes math or just grade grubs. And then so on with the mat classes. (Then you can take extra Calculus or Stats as a Senior...)

I skipped PreAl and took A1 in 7th grade and fucked myself over, mentally. Passed though...
I've never understood your maths... How do you spend a whole semester on one unit?
It's not one unit -- it's just what they call the class. Like in Trig/Precalc we study concepts related to trigonometry and precalculus -- like right now we're dealing with something involving trig identities (I gave up long ago, so don't ask for details).
Okay... I guess we always ran with the 'everything is interconnected, maths is maths' sort of model, so breaking them down into individual subjects just doesn't work... (I won't. My brain hates maths enough already without trying to understand stuff I haven't gotten to, or have gotten to and therefore forgotten.)
You lucky fucker... they're all sort of interconnected, but we focus on one subject more than another each year. And I kinda suck at all of them -- once variables enter the picture I get skeeved out. (*nodnod* I'm just like "A fraction. On top of another fraction. Right then. If you need me I'll be drowning my sorrows, because fuck math.")
It just means we do all the subjects for a bit each year. And that if you fail at one part, then you're kind of screwed completely... *fails at multiple parts* (*laughs* Good thing you're going to College Algebra then... *wants to do our dumb maths*)
Our teachers are idiots, and so are the students so they have to take it all slow and drag it out?
Yeah, it's a whole class. In your curriculum do you learn a little of everything every year?

And it's a semester because I'm in block. Normally it would be a full-year class.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service