Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unless you're the twit in my maths class, then you shove some marijuana into it, light it on fire, and watch as the plastic melts and the fire department arrives....

But yeah, basically.
Huh.

My only issues with it is the fact that it could develope bad habits and that it needs to be tested a bit more.

Other than that, I'm cool with it.
Well...
1. Nicotine is highly addictive. If you aren't able to purchase more liquid nicotine cartridges, the alternative is real cigarettes. Possible gateway drug, essentially.

2. This technology is fairly new in the US. There is practically /no/ research done on it. We don't know how dangerous this product could potentially be. Possibly there are additional chemicals not listed added to the liquid nicotine.

3. I'm most afraid of kids drinking the liquid nicotine cartridges straight-up... o.O

EDIT- I dodn't mean to assault you, honestly, but..just don't call them "healthy", please.
I've heard from users that they are less rough on you than "real" cigarettes, and that there are fewer harmful chemicals in them. Like how cowpox will kill you less than smallpox, I suppose -- they're both bad for you, but one is less bad.
That I agree with, but I still don't believe minors should be anywhere NEAR them.
Absolutely -- which still seems like a "fucking duh" to me, but I dunno, I don't make the laws...
Yeah...
The e-cigarettes are also marketed online as a cessation tool, but on the actual company website and product, it says that is not necessarily used to quit smoking.

Someone doesn't wanna be FDA-regulated...
It seems like a "no shit" bill, tbh :\ Minors can't buy cigarettes, so why let them buy... cigarettes?

Apparently it is supereasy to buy them online, though. And I have heard that you can get them without nicotine -- just flavor. But I have no evidence >.>
It's true. You can buy ones with "0mg" of nicotine.

There was a study done though, apparently, that proves that the 0mg cartridges still contained trace amounts of nicotine...
>./body>
Interesting. I was doubting it slightly 'cause I heard it from an Internet forum XD
Congratulations. How exactly did you wind up speaking to the House?
Not to the entire House (we have 400 reps...O.O), but to a committee of about 12 representatives.

I'm in a drug-prevention non-profit. This was my third time testifying, but only my first time super-pwning.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service