Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hm. I'd rather have really cold in the mountains than really hot with pine trees and a relatively ignorant population. >.> I've never seen more than four inches of snow at one time in my life, and that was only once.
XD The first time you get three feet of snow and a black-out, I'd be curious to hear if your opinions have changed.

That aside, if you go up there, you trade hot and wet for cold and wet. Having experienced both for extended periods, I'd take hot and wet any day.
I've always preferred cold over hot, and I love when the power goes out, actually. XD I've always wanted to build a snow fort, too.
Move to Colorado. Beautiful mountains, humidity around nil (you'll have to run a humidifier in the winters if you get nosebleeds), gorgeous national parks. Boulder's very liberal and progressive, but I live south of Denver, where it's still pretty great.

People are pretty friendly in general, and there aren't very many of them; I can walk about two miles from my house and be in ranch land where they run cows (and maybe I'll run into a coyote, bobcat, or elk). We're not very big-city, so things are quiet.

As to weather... pretty good. Highs can get up to about 100, but it is a dry heat. Lows... we get down to negative 10 or so, sometimes. Usually it's about a high of 90 and a low of 20 in an average year.

Also, no mosquitoes unless you go up into the woods (and by that, I mean -- hiking / camping in the mountains). I just spent two hours hiking in the scrub bush out back of my house and while I heard lots of birds... no insects except a dragonfly and some bees.

tl;dr: COLORADO IS AWESOME
^I second this.
Having been in Wyoming, which is slightly similar, I can see that, and from the roughly three or four hours of my life spent in Denver International Airport, I can certainly agree with that.
DIA gives you a good idea of Colorado, eh? XD
DIA is fuckin nuts >.> I think the designer was on crack, and I'm truly sorry you had to stay there.
1) Legos FTW.

2) I'd reccomend something that makes you grin a bit, even though you probably aren't in the mood for it. Namely, find something with chocolate in it, or i suppose you could watch trololo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM&feature=related

3) If there's something you're afraid about with regards to life in general, please mention it so I can discuss it with you. Trust me, it isn't as bad as it looks.
Well that was... weird. o.O XD I think chocolate would be good at this point. And Legos to take my mind off of everything.

The life stuff... it's all really stupid. :\ It's pretty much that I wish I was like Peter Pan and could go do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and never grow up, but meh. That and that I totally fail at communication between other human beings, so getting a job, keeping in touch with friends, and anything else is going to be really difficult.
Well, the way to fix the latter item is to practice. Go join a writing club--that's what I did.
Ah, this summer I'm definitely going to be writing this idea. I have five pages of brainstorm for it so far, and three and a half experimental chapters written. :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service