Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I meant by the meat industry. I know that I'm not personally stopping the slaughter of any number of animals. >.>

*shrugs*
Have you perhaps considered kosher meats? I know that the Jewish faith is a bit nutty about the particulars of the slaughter procedures.
Meh, I'm sort of scarred by videos. There was a clip of a "kosher" slaughter, and it was twice as bad. x.x

And I think it would be easier for my parents to buy less meat than buy particulars. My dad's already called me elitist for it, and I'd rather not push it any more.
Well I'm not doing it just because she challenged me. I've been debating this for a while now (three years I think...) for me it's more than a challenge I also don't want to eat animals that have been treated cruelly.

My old Math teacher is vegan because she remembers that the milk you're drinking is the milk a baby cow could've had. She hates that idea so she became vegan. Her reason is very moral. Mine isn't much different.
Dairy cows are abused. >.>

They're regularly impregnated so that the milk continually flows, and then their calves are taken away from them at an extremely young age and sent to be raised as veal. So not only do they steal the milk, they steal the calves.

Alas, I'm not one to talk. I drink milk and consume dairy products all the time.
I... would not be able to give up dairy. It's too hard... I might feel bad while drinking milk (and I drink soy milk too so uh, I'm helping the cows a bit?) but I can't give it up. Plus I really need that calcium.
I think I'll try... once I move out. It'd be really, really hard to try and be a vegan under a meat-eating household. Too much temptation. And I don't trust myself to be able to get all the right nutrients for my still-young body. Growth and all that.

Broccoli has a ton of calcium. >.>And milk is so much better. Dx
Also, there are supplements for pretty much every vitamin / essential thing under the sun... though if you're careful, B12 and iron will be pretty much your only near-problems. (And protein, but meh, that's why we have, say, peanuts and soy and...)

I was a vegetarian for a while when I was younger (deathly fear of CJD). I might go back if I can figure out how to jigger a vegetarian / vegan diet to keep my weight up...
v.v

If you must, I guess . . . .

Though, I still maintain that meat is beyond lovely, and you should eat it.
I just found someone with the exact same name on MX. O.o
For a second I thought I had amnesia or something...
Getting ready to watch Wipeout, where you're supposed to laugh when people fall down, especially on the big red balls.

If you wanna watch it, it's on ABC 8:00-10:00 EST.

I must go now. Goodnight, and big balls.
Wipeout's brilliant.... Though the narration is stupid as hell.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service