Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love, this might be a terribly useful link. http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsandjudges/courts/probateandfamilyc...

Pyro found it, but from the look I gave it, it might be very useful.
*Just saw this*
Oh wow. 0.0 I'm saving all these sites on my desktop. In like, green letters. If my parents still don't get it, I'll do it myself.
I Googled it up.

This has some pretty intelligible information on emancipation.

You don't need to be emancipated to live with someone who isn't your parents -- you just need your parents' permission and the permission of the person you'd be living with. Your parents would have to put in writing that your new guardian has the right to make decisions on your behalf.

Along the same lines, if you want to live with someone else and make everything ship-shape and formal legal-wise, you get your parents to agree for that person to be your legal guardian. However, to legally pick your own guardian, you have to be fourteen or older.

You also should probably call Social Services.
*nods*
Thank you, both of you. I just want this to be over, I could care less how legal it is.
You could go live with someone else, too, under the Caregiver Affidavit. Not sure if it'll work in your state, but it's a good shot. Relatively easy.

And it's best for it to be legal for both you and the person/people you're staying with.
I don't know, I shall google it. Yes, I guess it is best for it to be legal, but I just want things to go faster. Running away, is apparently illegal or something. I'll try to continue living in the camper until something is worked out.
@Keiralee: To confirm; running away is illegal. Best of luck in finding a quick and thorough solution.
-Had looked this up once-

-Doesn't particularly hate her parents or anything-

-Thinks she was really angry at the time-

But here's a tip I found handy...

Make sure it is in your best interest to become emancipated. The judge will rule in what he believes is your best interest. If the judge doesn't grant emancipation, he may suggest family counseling, living with another responsible adult or an informal living arrangement with your parents where you live on your own without emancipation.

Read more: How to Obtain Minor Emancipation Without a Lawyer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2272813_obtain-minor-emancipation-lawyer.ht...

Also it seems they're very fond of either A.) Living with someone else B.) Being able to support yourself financially.

Since you sound like you're a good, smart kid I'm sure that if you seriously took it to court the judge would see you as a responsible person. If you haven't done anything illegal and don't have the reputation of a druggie (which I seriously doubt you do) you have a decent chance.

Aaaand uh, I think it depends on why you're so fed up with them as well. For example if the rules they've set for you are outrageous then you have a good chance. If the rules can be seen as normal for a teen to have then the judge might deny it.
They're just horrid people, and it's more mental abuse and sometimes physical abuse than crazy rules. Their rules are rather normal, if not a bit too strict. And thank you. Thank you all, so much.
Oh wow...

-Gives tea-

Like Lamp said, record it. Maybe even get someone you trust IRL (like an adult or something) to work as someone who can help you record it as well. Work as like a witness of sorts.

I hope this works out for you.
*Nods*
I will. I have actually, been recording terrible things, because RL people love my parents, and don't listen. So I've written it down.

*sigh* I do too....
*awkward butting in*

You're lovely and I'm very sorry. :/ Best of luck?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service