Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see what you mean by the Courier New, but the DFKai-SB that I'm using at the moment has that sort of shakyness to it that makes it look more like it was hastily made on a used typewriter instead of laid out on a typeset.

Here's the version based on your recommendations, with the signature added:

I wish I had made that darker, or had a better scanner XP

It makes it look more realistic -- remember, we're running with "scanning a twenty-year-old document". Inks degrade over time, and signatures don't scan very well... also, it might be a scan of a photocopy of a memo, making it even iffier.

Hmm. I prefer the Courier (while the other font has a nice shaky unevenness that I like, it looks too recent for my tastes), but it's a hard call.
Good point.

Since this is an official document, we'll go with the Courier, but for intra-office memos, I'm going to alternate between Courier and DFKai...assuming we actually get to those;
I have a draft of the email that goes with ter Borcht's scanned plans (wow that sounds awkward)... aaaand I just realized I need to scan the Itex logo or roll with the "translated from German" angle for that one.
Can't wait to see it.
Just as a casual observer, I'd have thought it should have a more formal tone. This is still otherwise excellent, but it sounds like an exchange between old friends, which makes the formal sign off and very very beginning seem out of place...
...hmm. Actually, yeah.

So I would put forth that the salutation should be just "Marian:" and the ending just "Yours". They've been in correspondence for a while, I think.
Fixed.

Much better :D
I read the planning conversation but totally didn't get it. Could someone explain the coolness please thanks?
Nathan and I are going to launch an ARG against MDW. In short, we're going to bombard them with "Declassified Itex documents" and watch them run around in circles over it.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL... You're not, err, targeting anyone with this, are you?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service