Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have Doomsday Book (Connie Willis, yes?) next to me right now. Good shit. I, Robot is fun, but don't expect anything like the movie.

The other one I have not read.
Yeah, she's the author. I'm trying to find a decent book to read for American Lit. Full list attached. I need to find at least two to begin with.

Addendum: It's for a project comparison with Cat's Cradle. Comparison of what has not been specified...
Attachments:
I Robot is more of a thought exercise in logic than an actual book. I found it fun, but if you want a story-story, you should try Asimov's Fantastic Voyage instead.
Fantastic Voyage kicks ass.

Did you know there was a sequel?
I'm sure there was, but I've never read it.

The Wikipedia article says that he wrote one that Asimov wrote one that took place in the USSR, essentially a parallel sort of story, and there's mention of a third one where the characters explore an alien corpse, but personally I felt that I got everything I needed from the first book, unless you'd recommend the second book regardless.
I haven't read it >.> I saw it in one of our donations boxes the other day at the library.
Trying to find good sound samples.
Looking at my English project and trying to think of how I'm going to bullshit it.

How the hell am I supposed to make an inspiration speech that ISN'T cliché? And somehow based on my life?

Better yet, why is this class so stupid? This English class is far easier than last year's and is far easier than my summer homework.
Have you been specifically instructed not to make it cliche?
...going from this, make it as cliche as possible.
Yes.

The teacher was like, "Don't make it dull and cliche!" ... In his power point on how to give good presentations.
(Isn't avoiding clichés a cliché?)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service