Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, nice.

Our MB, if you'd call it that, is nearly 300 strong. We just have everyone do it. But, we don't march unless we /need/ to, like in a mandatory parade. Which, sadly, have been more and more recently over the years.
We do competitions and football games - our first is on Saturday so this week I have 2-3 hour rehearsals every day...It's not so much the pressure as that this is not the most important thing in my life and I wish they had something this intense for writing.

The band at the high school I would have attended is 300 strong and kicks butt without having to work their butts off very much...but that school also sucked in terms of the people playing the instruments were jerks, so...

Whoa, reading that last sentence I realized how casual I'm getting on the Internet. Good thing? Bad thing?
Wow.

Heh, that's how my band is. We're getting a rep for best in the W. Coast/NW, which is both cool and a bloody pain. Besides, only the last 1/2 of the flutes, the last few trumpets, saxes and low brass are jerks.

XDD Both. It's too vague for anyone to stalk you via that, at least.
Most of that band is jerks and preps. Switching high schools has made me realize that not everywhere is supposed to be THAT BAD which has been a fantastic revelation

Yeah, but then my English teacher gets mad at me for talking so casual and then writing so eloquently and I tell him that it's just as hard to talk in slang as it is to talk with proper grammar but one we're more exposed to...and then he just glares at me.
*laughs* Niiiiiice.

I always have an issue with teachers reg. my writing style, without exception. >.>
So I'm kind of WTF'ing a little. My brother and I spent the whole day at my cottage working to save money for an Xbox 360, which my dad was all for, only to find out a minute ago that my mom 'won't let me get sucked up like I did with the PS3'. My grades didn't drop, I still practiced guitar and piano (piano a bit less, but for reasons other than the PS3), and I still have a social life.

I kinda get where she's coming from, but I'm a little more mature now. I'm not going to spend 3 hours on a school night, mostly because what with tennis, marching band, piano and guitar, and sophomore-level homework, I don't have the time. I tried making some sort of agreement (no recreation 'till I get my work done), but, as she says, "I've heard that before." Bull feces. I've never tried that before, and I'm pretty sure it would work, as I tend not to blow off chores when I'm motivated.

Baaaaahfuck. Enough ranting. So what's up?
There's the ARG, and a few other things.
I'm assuming you mean Alternate Reality Game, and not the stock-related doohickey, but I don't follow.

But anyhow, I was recently informed by my dad that my mom's just had a rough day and was in a bad mood. Huh.
Yeah, the former, there's a thread on it. Basicly, this January, we're going to flood MDW with a story containing audio files and documents talking about the rise and fall of Itex Worldwide. It's really cool, and we've generated some pretty astounding stuff. Phone conferences, FBI letters, anatomical diagrams, office memos, dissection dictations, and so forth.

http://flockforum.ning.com/forum/topics/itex-arg
Whoa this is why I should stick around more...you guys are up to awesome stuff.

I actually checked out Max from the library the other day...until I remembered I'd already read it and decided not to go through the experience twice.
Go read FANG then.
It's a bit better, Max leaves the flock and Fang dies towards the end.
*raises eyebrow* REALLY?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service