Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Making my English project sound like the cheesiest thing ever.

Also adding Douglas Adams quotes because I can.
Installing antivirus software on my laptop. FINALLY.
Trying to convince an idiot on MDW that World War 2 is not something you make a kiddie RP about, and definitely not something you throw away the historical accuracy for, unless you specifically say that it's an alternate universe.

BECAUSE DAMNIT, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 13-YEAR-OLD RUSSIAN REFFUGE IN A JAPANESE PRISON IN EAST RUSSIA THAT HAS AN AMERICAN NAME, AND THE ACCESS AND KNOW HOW TO USE A BROWNING ASSAULT RIFLE AND A FLAMETHROWER, AND CARRY ALL 90 POUNDS OF IT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!
O.O

Well, as long as he wasn't having his roleplay on the forum....
That too.
In that case, kill him.
OH MY GOD NO

I will mail you my copy of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle so you can beat him to death with it, hmm?

No 13-year-old Russian would be in a Japanese prison anyway. The Japanese invaded Manchuria, not Russia proper, and Manchukuo was not in East Russia. Russian names are by definition not American unless your dad and mum came over on the boat.

Also fuck you that tech didn't exist AND IF YOU'RE IN A PRISON CAMP YOU CAN'T GET IT AND YOU CERTAINLY CAN'T CARRY IT, FUCKSTICK.

On second thought, in the service of mankind, please kill him, I don't care how you do it. America how dare you fail me so.
I'm mostly going off of what I've encountered through that History channel show Dogfights, a few Janes simulators, and Birmingham's Axis of Time series.

Nah, I think my history textbook will suffice.

I suggested that maybe they're in a gulag, and I did point out that the tech was there early.

I'm trying to do it the legal way. I've adopted the character of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto and intend on raining down a shitstorm of bombs, shells, and aircraft strafing fire the moment they walk out the front door.

http://www.max-dan-wiz.com/forum/topics/enter-the-war?page=1&co...

EDIT: There's why: They're basing this off of their experience with CoD5: World @ War.
Admittedly, my knowledge consists of history classes and the book I mentioned.

But it would be ironic if a book largely fixated on Manchukuo were the weapon to cause his/her/their death.

Even if they are... uh... there is no way in hell. The, er, commandant of the gulag might be able to secure such weapons, but he would likely be more interested in money, vodka, and bitches. A zek would not have the energy to rebel, pretty much period, full stop. Even a new zek would be cut down by such a person as Yamamoto (except, uh, Russian) if they thought of escape. Supposing they did manage to escape, they're still stuck in Buttfuck, Siberia.

...hi, have I mentioned I'm a Russian history nerd too?

Y'all have fun. I would devolve into screaming, crying, and winging history textbooks at them. Really.

re: edit... please. Just slaughter them all.

Or string them along for a while and then introduce them to Unit 731 back home...

*huge sadistic grin*

Let's see them get out of that one. Fucking thirteen-year-old COD-playing idiots...
Which would make you wonder why he has 13 year old girls stashed in a gulag...

I agree there, and while Yamamoto would never have carried out anything like this in real life, he's the logical person to use to make war hell for said idiot.

I actually didn't know about Unit 731, thanks for the info!
Presumably the obvious :|

:D No problem. I delight in abetting the, uh. Forceful education of the noob.

Oh, and to further back yourself up, simply say that you have intensively studied the time period in question, and have thorough knowledge of Russian gulags, as well as of the Japanese occupation of Manchuria, etc.

Spouting long words tends to rip the spirit right out of "vidya games said it, it must be true!" kiddies.

(Also you could mention: well, in real life we can swim and step over shin-high walls, but we can't do that in video games...)
This was my reply:
"Didn't need to; I've played COD3, which is essentially the same thing, but in the European Theater. I've also lugged around a fifty pound backpack, and know that there's no way a 13 year old girl could do both that, and lug around a 16 pound BAR, plus ammo and kit. Besides, this is from the same series that seems to think that it's possible to fire assault rifles akimbo, which goes to show how much their multiplayer experience is worth physics-wise. My knowledge base is also backed up by a plethora of History Channel episodes, Janes WWII-era simulators, and period literature, which is far more dependable than a game that flouts Nazi Zombies."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service