Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Homecoming dance tonight! I'm excited. My school, for whatever reason, hasn't had one in over 6 years, but it's going to be awesome.
Character for a new Mutant roleplay (XD)

Name: Todd Avery Ridge

Alias: Whatshisname. A name given to him by everyone around him, that pretty much everyone except him calls him. He goes by, predictably, Todd. He’s so average he can go by his real name and still remain incognito.

Personality: Todd is just an average kid. He’s slightly perverted, not very brave or kickass, and has a personality that is, at it’s very best, average. He likes the typical things that a guy likes, I.E girls, video games, sports, and slacking-none of which he’s good with, except for perhaps the slacking. He dislikes the typical things a guy likes. He has no real quirks, or vices, or anything else unusual. He’s the kind of guy who you’d overlook, not because he as in the background, alone by himself, but because he was in the foreground. Right with everyone else. There’s nothing unique about him, nothing that makes him stand out from the crowd. He thinks that anime is stupid, he only uses the internet for google, Wikipedia (for homework assignments) and facebook, he reads what everyone else reads and he does what everyone else does. True to his name, he is, completely, average.

Favorite School Subject: He doesn’t like school at all. Hence, he likes none of the actual subjects. Not even those that require his lack of powers.

Bad Grades In: Everything. He has average grades. Every single grade he gets back is an seventy. Every single grade. No matter how hard he studies or doesn’t study, and no exceptions.

Short Bio: Todd lived an average life. A very average life. Seriously. He’s lived just as any other teenager would. No orphanhood, no evil twins, no ostracization for being a mutant…nothing. Nothing-and I mean nothing-happened in his life. He went to school, made friends, chilled with friends checked out chicks, sucked at video games, sucked at football, sucked at school, and just did his best to get by. He passed, when examined, as a pure human, with no mutant DNA at all-the only test he really did well in. He was shown to possess no psychic powers, at all. But soon, his parents began to notice something…unusual, about him. If he tried to test himself zener cards, he’d always be wrong. Even if every card in the deck but one was what he had guessed, and even if he knew the odds beforehand. It was amazing. If he tried to play cards, he’d always get a seven high hand. Always. And if the goal was to get a low hand, he’d always get a royal straight flush, in spades. It was incredible. It was amazing.

He was the unluckiest man in the world

But it was more than that. More than just bad luck. He was…boring. He was…normal. He was…average.

Appearance :He looks average. He’s five foot six, of an average weight, with average muscle tone. He has average brown hair, combined with average brown eyes. His face looks average. He’s neither attractive nor unattractive, skinny nor fat. He dresses normally in a red sweatshirt and blue jeans. He lacks any distinguishing features, and has completely dominant DNA. He’s Caucasian. He’s neither tan nor pale. He is, quite simply, just your average guy. It’s literally impossible for the human mind to pick him out of a crowd, and is so ignorable most people don’t even know that he exists. He’s bland and boring looking. Again…he’s average.

Mutant Ability: He is, in case you haven’t picked up on it already, the most average human alive. It goes beyond mere coincidence, its fate. Some believe that he’s a mutant, others think that he’s an accident made by God. Whatever the case, many scientists believe that he’s overflowing with a previously unknown particle, dubbed by most a, “Toddon.” Toddons are in everyone, they say usually in very small amounts. In him…he’s pretty much pure Toddon. Mutants have less Toddon in them, which allows them to be mutants in the first place. This is, of course, pure guessing, but it makes as much sense as any other explanation. He’s averageness incarnate, and there’s something special about his averageness.

It’s contagious.

By touching a mutant, he is literally able to neutralize their power with his, “Toddliness,” as some would put it. He can make them a fraction as average as he is, nullifying their powers. He’s had this power concentrated in his right hand, dubbed, “The Right Hand of Todd,” and by touching anything supernatural with this hand, he can make it temporarily average. Shoot a fireball at him? He’ll touch it, and nullify its existence. Get within his reach? He’ll nullify your powers. Ironically a useful power for such an average guys, this power has the drawback of shortening his life in proportion to the amount of Toddliness used—making it an otherwise useful power with a major drawback. Would certainly kill him if he went up against Apocalypse, and not completely nullify the Being’s powers.
Sounds like the protagonist for the Repairman Jack series. He's given almost the exact same description.

To the google mobile!
Sounds almost exactly like... That Kid in X-Men 3, you remember the one, the one whose mutant power was nullifying other mutant powers.
Lulz. You've posted Todd's bio before, I think, but I only now noticed the last name. >.>

Random completely unrelated side note: my World Civ teacher has a pun of the day. XD
I hate, hate, hate writing haem film comments.
Freaking out over the fact that Cody's birthday is in 8 days and I don't have a present for him. D:
Wired as hell due to the fact that it's cold here finally. And twitterstalking my old bff because I'm feeling the itch to fic.
Paging slowly through behindthename.com with cross-reference to a little list of Victorian names, making a bigass list of popular / usable first names.

...I'll probably wind up making this a list for the Historical Fiction folks on NaNo. They could probably use it.
Bathurst. Yey!
Sending myself to bed.

Tomorrow I need to:

- Catch up on English work. Urgh.
- Catch up on the backlog of stuff from the ARG I need to do.
-- Listen to EndOf's two newest recordings.
-- I've been planning on mixing the newer recording of the autopsy, so I guess that's on the menu too.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service