Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought it was cute, in it's own way. The plot was a mess, but it was fun, and as they say in MST3k, "Repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax." Meaning, of course, that you shouldn't take entertainment too seriously.

Up until they started blasting Lady Gaga.

I was kicked out and banned for, like, a whole week for trying to burn the theatre down.

...Dual does not like Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga bad.
XDD

I think the subconscious part of my brain would really like me to listen to bad pop music. >.> It gets stuck in my head, I learn the lyrics really easily and without trying, and I mouth the lyrics when I hear it. Dx

I liked Grover. The rest of it irritated me. They didn't bother with any of the backstory, which builds up to like, everything.

At least they effectively prevented themselves from making a sequel.
I just cannot believe that someone made a conscious decision to name a character Grover.

Well.

The author probably giggled and forgot about it.

Then an editor decided to pass it.

Then they wrote a damn movie script with the fucker in it.

Then the movie got filmed.

And now there is a major motion picture with a character. Named. GROVER. WHO IS NOT A MUPPET.
Lololololol
XD

If it makes a difference, Disney published the books. Disney likes allusions. What it alludes to, I have no clue but... FUN FACT:

In the books, Percy goes to a ranch called, "Triple G Ranch."

In the movie, "Toy Story 2" Andy wears a shirt with the words, "Triple G Ranch" which I am to assume is the Cowboy Camp he is going to.

Maybe Disney is alluding to one of their works or something. I dunno.

Why yes, I did watch Toy Story 2 today.
It's Sesame Street, a small children's TV show which has been running for forty damn years ;_;

T-they don't show it in Canada? :C
Course they do.
-Fan of awful pop music-

It's good until someone asks you for your iPod and goes, "Ew you have ____?!" And I'm like, "Yes... >.>"

In my defense, I'm very aware that they suck. I just have an awful taste in music.
I don't listen to it. I don't like it. My brain would just really like me to. It would also like me to dance whenever it comes on. >.>
It's catchy. I know. v.v

I don't like a lot of stuff on the radio though. I like unknown, crappy, pop music.
I wouldn't say it was bad, it just wasn't anything new.

However, I need to admit, I was somewhat frustrated by the plot canyon of the stone hydra, and the lack of research on the filmmakers part to make the underworld a flamepit.
As a book adaptation, it was bad.

As a movie in its own right, it still wasn't good. Annabeth's motives didn't make any sense. How Luke, who looked about 18-19, managed to steal Zeus's master lightning bolt was never addressed. And I was never given sufficient reason to care about any of the characters.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service