Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll second Nathan's post, if that's okay.

Why don't we just make it somewhat /possible/ to be legalized rather than tighten up our borders?

Okay, now that's all. *stalks discussion*

EDIT: But Flying has a point. Err... I don't even know anymore. >.>

I think we should just make legalization easier so that the farmers don't have to employ illegals. I hate the idea of tightening our borders, but perhaps I'm oversimplifying on that part of the issue.

I just need to get into the mindset of someone who's against it...

The only people I know(not including anyone here, obviously) who are against it are racist, stupid, and their arguments disgust me. So I wouldn't know either.

Not in America but... Canada likes immigrants. Without immigrants, our already small population would dwindle into nothingness. Unfortunately our in debt country keeps keeping the refugees (who are actually illegal immigrants who stole refugee status, like hey, B.C) and then give them money to start out in life. Which would be really great if we weren't in debt and in a recession with little money to hand around like there's no tomorrow. This is why a lot of people in Canada are against illegal immigration...

Edit: People could dislike it because they steal jobs like they steal our money? Or job opportunities or something? I mean why is there a wall between Mexico and the U.S?

Naw, Americans won't take their jobs.

I'm not for it but I'm not against it either. I think it's horrible how people treat them like they're scum when they're human too. I mean, Mexico is in a state of turmoil and I don't blame the people that want out. I mean, we let other people from other countries get into our country when they get in a rough spot, so what's so different about these people? No, I'm not ignoring the "illegal" part but we set this country up to have equal rights for everyone. It's hypocritical to go back on that now. We talk about how much progress we've made, but I don't see much progress to be honest. We still live in a country that doesn't accept people. It's wrong and no wonder other coutries think we're ignorant assholes.

Only from the sense that they don't pay taxes. If they did that, I'd be fine. As for everything else, they get to do the crummy jobs, and then spend money in the US, which is good for everyone in an economics standpoint. More spenders=more money=room for expansion=more jobs.

Only the ones who don't even bother forging documentation. Even faked papers require taxes.

And they do pay sales tax.

Yeah, I mostly agree. 

In your opinion, do the costs outweigh the benefits?

Considering that a large number of Americans are iffy on their taxes anyway, I think that making illegal immigrants obliged to pay taxes (the large ones, like on wages, etc.) would help the government pay for the other expenses, but beyond that I couldn't care less.

Meh... That one's a little iffy for me.

I mean, maybe it's just because of the state I live in, but I've heard more bad than good on this subject. Like "They steal our jobs and they don't pay taxes and there are so MANY of them!" I think that most of it is honestly just racism, but they have a point about our unemployment rate and their non-taxpaying. 

Honestly, though... I wouldn't know what to do about it. The most important issues here are the ones I'm neutral about, and nobody cares about what's important to me. I stay out of politics in this state so I don't clobber people's heads off.

Also, what's that term for a choice that's not a choice because the alternative is awful?

Sounds a little like Morton's Fork.

I'm still sifting through Wiki :\

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service