Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on how active you are, and how popular the sites you troll are.

Er, I'm not calling you a troller. The word troll has taken on a new meaning in my mind.

Not many. Before MDW, the only other site I was involved in was args.bungie.org, mostly doing a lot of the same speculative stuff you see here.

Kekeke.

That's one of my fears, being recognized from fandom irl. No no, that's a totally different person who goes by Nathan... please leave me alone ;_;

hahahaha what omg

:D

That is the best news I've heard all week. I was worried that it wasn't getting out to most people.

You were quiet about it, I hope?

I'm wondering now if someone from Hachette actually is lurking on the site and taking note.

XD

I just had an image in my head of Hatchette scrambling around, trying to figure out who's doing it, and ultimately calling up Patty and asking him.

End.

What kind of message do you want the puzzle I'm trying to make to have?

Depends on the style of puzzle. So far, all of the other puzzles are related to ter Borcht and things that he'd know, and know Elena would have access to: namely TAE and the web.

So tell me the style of puzzle, and I'll tell you how/if it can fit with the plot.

Letters that translate to numbers, though backwards.

For example, ZYX would be 123.

To add to this, there would be a set of instructions in the same code, but with numbers.

The letters would refer to chapter number and word number, the numbers would be instructions. Hypothetically, we could say just about anything, so long as the word is in the book. It'd be relatively easy to crack once you deciphered the relatively simple code.

I think that's taking it a bit too far...especially as there are so many steps. An ARG puzzle is usually very simple, but with a missing key... (I'd point you to the ADENRWY cypher in the Bioshock ARG) but we didn't have the time to design the puzzles that way, so the puzzle itself must be fairly simple to decipher and instead challenge their knowledge of the books, not their knowledge of puzzle solving.

Besides, if this was a professional group of ARGers, they'd have a cypher-cracking algorithm up and your puzzle would get eaten alive. The 2K people had one of these, and the only way the ARG developers were able to beat them in the end was to just include plot-related puzzles and riddles.

Again, I'd highly suggest looking at the ARG puzzle section of the Bioshock Wiki

Paging someone with an alt to the thread now. We have an imminent lol situation in this thread:

http://www.max-dan-wiz.com/forum/topics/maxfang3-1

So what I'm saying is... would someone kindly post the analysis of Max Ride Mathematics there? You know the one, don't pretend like you don't.

Nah. She wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service