Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Huh?

Is there anything else about a When the Wind Blows movie for 2012, or was this IMDB article just stupidly made?

Stupid people everywhere.

"When the Wind Blows" was the title of a little British film made in the 80s about nuclear disaster, which makes it impossible to Google for the JP book (which I am thankful for).

However, I didn't find anything reputable on WtWB becoming a film.

Yeah, in looking back at the page, it was someone who misquoted an article on the TAE film.

Studying the beginning of Communism in China.

Result: I know how to spell "bourgeoisie" correctly without using spellcheck.

Building a huge castle in the Nether at 3AM. 

No, I still haven't done my homework. >.>

Today I went to the skating rink for three hours after not going in two or three years. Oh my god PAIN. My legs are so freaking sore...

The good news about that, though, is that I almost learned how to skate backwards and Cody's getting a job there, so I'll be spending a lot more time at the rink. :D

OW OW OW.

Well, it's a lot better now at least. Could not sleep for pain in my legs. 

I need to exercise more. >.>

...My life is nothing without hours of theatre work to keep me occupied. I am so bored...

Went on a walk along a path sheltered by budding trees this morning while it was dark, cloudy, and lovely. Then went to REI. Am now talking to a theatre kid on Facebook. Later, I'm going to the Tattered Cover, and then out to dinner.

:D

I never realized this; Patterson has a list of school questions for teachers about the first four MR books.

However, these questions suck.

So I went and answered them with both the expected answers, and the real answers.

If you're curious, you can find it here:

http://www.max-dan-wiz.com/forum/topics/text-versus-the-cirriculum

Yeah, my library has/had a TAE book group set with questions and shit.

One of the questions, I think, is literally "how far is the School from the E-shaped house?" which is almost literally impossible to calculate. (At least if you're a derp like me.)

Edit: Reading it now and I realized again how hard JP wasted a pretty nice premise, unless someone hits him with the Think About What You're Doing You Hack stick soon. The entire series can be used as a setup for a really intense breakdown by Max -- she who fought monsters became worse than them.

Which is why I was thinking, just recently, how great a thing it would be if Max (or at least Maya) wound up Eraserfying in book 8. The whole thing is about Max learning to be a submissive girlie-girl over a tough loner, and a breakdown where the Eraser makes her go violence crazy would be the perfect way to display the psychological conflict.

I would have said that that was never going to happen, but hey, we said Angel being turned into a power-soldier wasn't going to happen either. Here's hoping...

The really depressing thing is that I still won't be old enough to get reeling drunk when the thing comes out.

That would be awesome. And while I'm wishing, I wanna pony.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service