Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No problem. :D
Well done. :D
Thanks for watching! :)
Calvin and Hobbes is the most wonderfully bittersweet comic ever.

OKAY JP, NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE:

Terry Pratchett fans who "wear the lilac" on Towel Day may wish to donate to the Alzheimers Research Trust of the UK. (Terry is a patron and an Alzheimers patient)

Seriously, Patty, being old and senile is not an excuse for forgetting minor details and huge plot holes.

On the other hand, he kind of does. Because Pratchett is just a genius, and Patterson could never hope to match up ever.

XD Pratchett is... amazing. So amazing. But Pratchett probably has some memory issues, and his books are all fine. Patty's do not. IN fact they are the opposite of fine. They're awful. I mean, simple things that end up leaving huge plots holes annoy me. Fun for Fanfiction I suppose, but annoying nonetheless.

But I do agree, Pratchett is a fabulous author, albeit not as well known as he should be (most people I know don't know who he is so... :|). Patty could never quite compare to him, as shown through his work.

Google is the best study buddy ever.

Edit: Haha holy shit this site was made in Netscape.

Today in class I learned:

This is what a normal sample of spun blood should look like. We spin down blood samples in a centrifuge so they look like this for testing when we want to give a person a unit of blood by transfusion. We do this because both the red cells in the bottom and the plasma (well, the antibodies in the plasma) are used (separately!) in testing.

The one on the left? Yeah ignore it. That and the title! Well, the one on the right is kinda what your blood looks like if you've got something called CAGD, or cold agglutinin disease. Not only that, but all the red cells down the bottom are thick and goopy. Like slime. CAGD is kinda nuts. Your body produces an antibody - but to your own blood cells. Scary, right? Actually no. Most people have a cold agglutinin. Just, it's not very strong, and your blood has to be (you guessed it) really cold for it to work.  Only in people with CAGD, there's so much antibody that it starts affecting your blood at room temperature, and in some people it affects their extremities (which are a bit colder than normal 37degC body temperature. Well the one good thing is that these people only need to wrap up warm in winter or move to Tahiti. The bad thing is - it's a real bitch to test them and find out their blood group!

Taking four history classes first semester next year. o.e

Half excited, half terrified.

I feel like trolling.

*stares at TTS thoughtfully*

I'll watch. I've got an account over there...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service