Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, just posted a rather beautiful response to all the homophobia on nerdfighters.
I love RPs. xD Every time I join one, I find someone who loves GO. It's wonderful.

So while doing some research, I stumbled onto this site which is what weirdo Japanese kids go through:

http://www.stepeiken.org/downloads

If anyone has taken a DELF (or British GSCE or any sort of language test that tells you of your ability that originated in Europe), it works a bit like that. First grade being the best English ability. Generally speaking Pre- First Grade is the skill level that I'm at. The test is ridiculously long and all multiple choice (tbh sounds like AP French exams... only in English). Someone do the test. XD I did the first 10 questions and got 2 wrong. I laughed because it's all practically vocabulary (and I didn't even know what some of those words were).

It's all vocabulary. I went to 25 (for the grade-1 booklet since it was first) and got all of them right. 

It's basically identical to the vocabulary portions of the tests I took in AP English.

Nice to know that's how they teach English... >.>

I don't get why everyone says that American schooling is so crappy, because that's what they use in Asian countries and I don't feel as if that's an effective way to teach a language.

(I just thought it was amusing that I didn't even know some of those words. XD)

When learning a second language, vocab is kind of important. And these tests do rely heavily on reading comprehension, plus there's also a listening component on the site. So, I don't think they're really that bad

Same as Nathan with the tests though :D (Okay, didn't really know #12, but I guessed it correctly...)

It seems rather ridiculous, though, that AP English for a class of students speaking English as their first language would have to learn vocab... 

It's all the things that you don't really use in everyday conversation. Every word I saw on there I probably wouldn't say in casual conversation.

But yeah, AP English was kind of fucking dumb.

But it is crappy. We on this site are the upper few percent . To see the other 90-something percent, go back to MDW.
stop raining dammit.

nooo rain good.

I love this weather.

Hatred can not possibly convery the surge of negative emotions I am feeling right now.

>_>

My AP Gov book came in the mail.

I may or may not be going outside to read it for fun. >.>

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service