Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is Netherlands Antilles north of the equator, and is that where you are now? I was thrown off by the reference to winter.

Barely, and no.  Not anymore, sadly.

>.>  Meant summer.  x.x  I wish it was winter.

I don't know if we've met, but hi anyway! :D
Hi there. Nice to meet ya.

Holy hi there :V 

Nice to see you're doing well.

*glomps*

I saw that you updated Reality Check. I've yet to read it.

Are you faring well?

College may yet be the death of me, and I've slowly been working on an original project.

Other than that, pretty good. You?

Me? ... meh

I'm procrastinating on a correspondence writing course assignment and I was busy writing fan fiction until I took a break after wrestling with William Blake's Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Then there's motherhood and being a wife. You take the good, you take the bad ...

What kind of project are you doing?

One section of a larger work -- so right now, adventures of an assistant Union Army surgeon in the 1870s.

I should really know better than to do my research as I go. You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.

If you like to research as you go, it's perfectly fine. You've probably discovered that you're like the rest of us who need stimulation in order to work on a project.It's always better to do what works instead of trying to fit into someone else's idea of the "proper" way.

In favor of those of us who like to take things as we go, I found these animations helpful to consider ways of approaching "obstacles" (anything, to be honest).

Above: J runs into a moving O and has to make an adjustment to to complete the action (getting to the other side). Each "O" is an obstacle which will stop forward movement. The "J" stands for the Jungian "Rational" approach. This approach works when situations don't change. Plan your approach. Carry it out come hell or high water.

Above: P avoids running into a moving O by adjusting mid-course. "O" still represents an obstacle that can stop momentum. The "P" stands for the Jungian "Irrational" approach. This approach works well in a changing environment. Go with the flow. An outside observer only sees the seemingly aimless changes in direction. The person making the changes senses the need for change.

To research as you go is probably an indication that you will make adjustments based on your research. And you might find that you actually need the diversion of research / work / research / work in order to stay motivated and produce good quality. I know I'm like that.

I got this idea from http://www.socionics.com/articles/irra.htm.

I love that the letters just happen to be JP. XD
JP is my high school...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service