Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

P1) A number only represents it's own value.

P1a) To clarify, Physical objects, like one apple and one apple represent more than just their value (they represent their value and the apple), and therefore can be different. We are talking about values alone, not representative objects.

P2) A quantitative value cannot be presented with bias, otherwise it ceases to represent its representative value. For instance, 1 cannot equal 2, because both represent different objective values.

C1) If a number only represents itself, and cannot be any other number, then it must be itself.

C1a) 1=1

Also:

P1) Absolute truths are subjective.

P2) Subjectivity includes illogical variation, or unsound variation, resulting in difference.

P3) A quantitative value cannot be presented with bias, otherwise it ceases to represent its representative value. For instance, 1 cannot equal 2, because both represent different objective values.

P3a) Also, difference is never equal because of a variation in value.

P4) In math, illogical items are valueless. Consider a no-slope equation: DNE.

C1) Absolute truths have no value.

First: clever. Can you prove addition? Just curious.

Second: Why are absolute truths subjective? The point of the Absolute Truth in Socrates' mind was that it is singular and objective.

Depending on the class that I'm in, I may or may not argue that Hemmingway is a good/poor writer.

In my dedicated classes, "Very interesting, captures the time well."

In my creative writing class, "A poor two-bit schmuck who lost me in his rambling, has dialogue organization problems, and fails as a writer by not conveying the point that the claims that he wanted to convey."

The latter, of course, was the product of an even more interesting conversation:

"How did you get that meaning?"

"Hemmingway wrote in a letter that it was so."

"He got it wrong."

"He wrote the piece!"

"But the piece didn't tell you what the meaning was, Hemmingway did. Therefore, he got it wrong."

Today was a very good day. :)

I rode in a shopping cart, got a balloon animal, hung out with my friend. My feet are dead and I wasted half the day waiting for people but that's okay. 

Awesome. What animal was the balloon animal?
Penguin. :D And my friend got a flamingo.
The most amazing animals ever.

It was my birthday yesterday. :)

I have no school tomorrow or Monday. I've been watching Glee all night and basically, it's been awesome even tho it's season one. I got cool stuff for my birthday and I've decided what I want to be when I get older. Or now, actually, if my mom lets me sell things out of the garage... a T-Shirt designer. I have a bunch of stuff for it including a custom-made stamp. :)

I'm happy.

Also, in my creative writing class, we're not allowed to write about immoral things. That's no fun. And Honors English sucks but I think Drama makes up for it. And I love Vis. Arts class. Science is meh social studies is okay and math is just....ugh. Debate is cool tho, despite the teacher being slightly annoying. ...I think that's all my classes...yeah. Math, Science, SS, English, Drama, CW, Debate and Visual Arts. I like all my teachers except Math...because he has a weird Boston-Oklahoma City-New Jersey-Canadian accent mix and this is how he pronounces "nine:" nh-igghhn. That and he just doesn't tolerate any sort of fun. Ever. At all. And he thinks math is sexy and writes it on the board everyday. 

BUT THE PEOPLE ARE AMAZING HERE I SWEAR. There's just...such a variety of people I've never seen before. It rocks. I love artistic schools. 

Yeah.

Does that make your birthday the 31st?

Happy Birthday!

Indeed it does!

Thank you. :D

We share a birthday, then.
Really? Happy belated birthday to you also!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service