Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's Drapple?

Draco/Apple. 

That's the first thing that came to my mind, but then... well, yeah. Wow.
XD Yeah. It's totally a real thing.

Anyone want to help me in an experiment?

Benefits:

Limited mod powers on this site. Helping create data in hopes of influencing change on MDW.

Responsibilities:

1) Help me see the extent of the limited mod powers I'm trying to test.

2) Responsible use of these limited powers.

Premise:

NING has the ability for admins to create minor roles that supposedly allow limited mod powers. I'm not sure if the Mods on MDW know about them. If we can test them here, then I can use the specifics to lobby the idea of limited-power mod roles on MDW. If the idea goes through, it could be the first step in reestablishing order on MDW.

XD  Already done all this with my site.

Alright, so it's really simple, actually how it works.

And honestly, it's not that limited.

For example, lets say you want someone to be a forum mod.  You go to create role, and only place one check next to the 'forum' thing.  They have all the power of the GMods - editing the OP, deleting everything and anything, determining the entire layout of the forums, etc.  The only thing they cannot do is go to the Dash and fiddle around there.

But it's still a LOT of power.  No matter where you'd put the person, unless it's with a function you never use (which considering how big MX is. . . that'd really only be Events section, which I don't think it had).  Again, only difference is that you can block them from the Dashboard which really, just protects other user's information and there is still access to change a lot of the general settings to the site, across the board.

Additionally, it really has no hope of getting to MX with a limited mod power mod-user thing, imo - Especially since it's an advertising campaign and not like this lovely and friendly discussion board.  And that's prolly for the best.  Nor do I think that if you got it used that it would reestablish any order whatsoever. 

Even with limited discussions? The system gives me the power to select specific content for limited moderation, not just the entire forum.

Yeah.

imo, it was just too much.  So I don't use it, might as well give people all or none with the 'don't you dare change anything'.  And still MX is too big for that, unless they made like, chat mods.  Admittedly, the best aspect of the feature is that you can make someone feel all important for being a mod, then give them something that's really unimportant to where it wouldn't matter at all.

I mean. . . what would be better by adding this in?  You could be all high and mighty and get mod powers, along with a few random others?  And is more moderation needed?  Or is it just for a title?  I really don't see where you're going with this to petition it being utilized on MX.

I think that if MDW decides to have mod presence, then the presence should at least be consistent--when it comes to rules I don't like grey areas. Therefore, I feel that if MDW can get under control, then some of the good aspects of the community would come back.

The big thing I'd really like to lobby for is to ban RPs. Flat out. But that isn't going to happen, so being able to, say, keep some part of the site under control would be great.

Meh.  Understandable.  But I don't see how user based moderation could fix that.

Right so. . . not quite sure how RPs fit into new moderation settings. But good luck with that.

Choosing mods from the user population shows users that they do matter and aren't just under the thumb of nameless distant overlords.

I do agree with EndOf that MDW has a serious fucking problem with RPs.

It does.  But oddly enough I never got the impression that that was an image they really wanted to project.

And when you get down to it, it is an advertising campaign, really.  And with such an influx of people. . . . why bother?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service