Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Start of the second half:

Wales is playing way, way better. But France is winning 6 to 3.

Try to Wales and penalty to France:

France 9, Wales 8.

less than ten minutes to go.

France won.

They didn't deserve to.

Just finished writing a long and gutsy letter to the MDW site admin asking them where the Featured Profiles have gone. I included statistics from the posts and the old blog, and used our ARG from last February to show that the demand is still there.

Hey, it seemed to work for RolePlay regulation. who knows?

Hamming it up in a roleplay on MDW.

Their characters?  A bunch of teenagers with speshul super powers.

My character? A smart guy with a gun.

Guess who's winning.

Finished Ghost Story. The fuck, Butcher?

Oh well. At least he's back to being real again. Which means MORE THOMAS next time.

Also, went zip lining today in the mountains. Upside down with no hands, bitches. And the two guys at the bottom liked to make strange metaphors. Yes, it was like sliding down a rainbow. And kissing a unicorn. And swimming in glitter.

Went to the waterpark yesterday. Apparently the two slides I went down were 85ft and 75ft. Apparently in less than two seconds I went from 0G to 2.5G. 

Kind of surprised I'm not dead....

Nah. Most people are constantly under 1 G of force constantly regardless.

XD Well more like, "I'm surprised I didn't vomit all over everyone and pee myself going down the slide."

Could somebody please explain the Occupy Wall Street movement?

It just doesn't seem that revolutionary to me for middle-class people to blame their problems on rich people without offering a solution.  And every time I try to even bring it up for discussion, I get told that I should open my eyes and see how the top 1% are living.  They're successful, and many of them have actually worked hard to get where they are... good for them.

53% ftw

"middle-class people to blam[ing] their problems on rich people without offering a solution"

It isn't revolutionary, the same thing has been going on with humanity since the signing of the Magna Carta in 30-40 year cycles.

Fact of the matter is, there is no definitive goal or aim of the OWS groups because far-left liberals in themselves aren't very organized, "like hearding cats" is the newest descriptive phrase circulating at the moment.

The most coherent statement is, I think, that they're looking for stronger economic regulations by the Fed. Gov., and for higher taxes on the rich to support FedGov-run programs. This I can can understand to a limited degree, foreign aid and the wars get a lot of media, but these things are coming out of our pockets and result in deficit--but at the same time, they're needed due to the Machiavellian rules of Power Projection (which is a sad, unethical system--but the truth nonetheless).

Personally, while I think the people are right to be frustrated over corporate culture and the demands of a government budget, that they are going about it the wrong way; the whole thing can be fixed through a set of simple actions:

1. Stop watching cable news; everyone.
  2. Introduce a bill to congress demanding that all government officials present a complete list of their benefactors if charitable donations exceed their monthly pay rate.
  3. Direct funding towards building national infrastructure that is simultaneously beneficial, yet requires consistent maintenence (electricity grids, public transport being the biggies) and towards technology that spawns job creation and new markets (NASA, NSF, etc).
  4. If a corporation is being a problem, boycott it instead of publicly protesting, then privately partaking in the supplied object. All you need for this is a strong leader and a public statement; Oprah Winfrey singlehandedly took down most of the Krispy Kreame Donut Co. in one show.

Beyond that, welcome back to the 1970s/1910s/1880s/1770s, except suckyer because the War isn't as bad as people are saying it is, and there are no public figures or space program to make us feel better about it.

1. That won't happen. Like, that's completely unrealistic. There aren't enough people on board with the movement that this would make much of an impact, and I doubt even those in support of OWS would go along with it.

2. Why on earth would Congress pass that?

3. The protesters have no control over that. Of course it'd be the right thing to do, but when there are political battles to squabble in...

4. It's not a corporation. It's the fact that, while living standards, income, and employment for the middle class are slowly wasting away, the top 1% of the country in terms of wealth is enjoying massive gains.

I like this guy's video regarding the subject:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service