Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

XD That's the best idea. It's one thing to be a nerd, it's another to think you're better than everyone else because your a nerd. 

-Shudders-

My sister gave me awesome advice on how to be popular once (that I basically ignored because it was irrelevant because I already had friends). Basically you befriended one person from a certain group (and you legit cannot deny that people end up grouping themselves, either by Jr. High they went to or by ethnicity/classes/etc) and then you start talking to their friends, etc, and eventually you're friends with everyone. 

I know some guys who play Magic.

...Two weeks ago, some of the football team asked how to play and if they could join in.

It was weiiiiird.

More than 4+ hours was spent today discussing (and finishing) my friends' (yes, various friends) chem lab today. 

Mine hasn't made any progress since this morning when I stopped. I also have an oral French presentation, a Math unit test (for a unit we're redoing but I still don't really get because it's aggravating) and an English oral. 

If this continues, I am going to kill someone or die from this stress before I finish high school.

The Rugby World Cup final starts in 10.

Nz vs France.

NEW ZEALAND HAS WON THE 2011 RUGBY WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!

I love theatre. Beyond what I ever thought possible.

It and AP Government are going to make this year.

I get way too excited way too easily.

We had a school shooting today.

The girl who was shot got shot in the neck. She's in my homeroom. She was standing maybe 20 feet behind me. I didn't even know what had happened. I heard the shot. It sounded like someone popped a paper bag. Then she fell... in slow motion.. I saw the blood. One of my friends was standing next to her, talking. I'm really not good friends with the girl, but I know her. My friend screamed for help, and everything exploded. We were all just standing there, like "What just happened.." until we heard someone yell "shot." I grabbed my two friends that I was talking to and ran to my third period. I was so scared. We were in there for 3 hours. We had to go out through metal detectors, and there were SWAT people EVERYWHERE. It was so horrible.. At least she's ok. I just.. that could have been me. If it had missed her. It would have hit my friends. Or me.

This isn't supposed to happen to us.

Why does this happen? Why do kids think trying to kill someone is cool?

That's really messed up.

And you're right, that isn't supposed to happen to you.

Kids kill because they're mentally disturbed.

Maybe it's just me, what with having friends get run over and killed, my mother and sister nearly killed by a boat collision, and now you describing almost being shot...but my views have shifted over the past three years to wondering not if the sword of Damcles is going to fall, but how often and to whom.

So, in sum, life's a shitstorm of variable density, and I hope the weather only improves for you from here on out.

:/ Thanks. I just.. I feel so bad for her. So many of my friends are too scared to come to school. They arrested two kids. We had a gang fight last week. I thought we were supposed to be a safer school. Nothing like this ever happened in 9th. Their lives are ruined now. That poor girl is going to have cameras in her face for months. Everything is going to change now. I just... every time I think I'm over it, I get slapped in the face by reality again. I can't understand. Why?

jfc

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I don't even know what to say.

There's not much to say, I suppose. It's just... a scary thing. So scary. I've been so scared of something like this, ever since I read Hate List. And it happened. No one was prepared. I had to scream at my third period teacher to even get him to put us in the corner. Then he just sat at his computer. At least they found the two boys responsible. I just can't understand this. The thought process behind, "Oh, I fought with these people over the weekend. I think I'll shoot them at school. But if I miss, eh, whatever, it doesn't matter. I can't get caught."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service