Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alright, so, Good Omens or Sherlock Holmes for the plane ride tomorrow?

Sherlock Holmes, because that's what I'm reading on my plane ride tomorrow. xD

Otherwise I'd say GO.

Sounds good. xD

Holmes.

Just learned that I can now officially delete songs off my iPhone without any problem. 

Derp moment when I figure out I've had this OS since like, October. 

My dad ended up reading Holmes so I read GO instead. So far it's hilarious and awesome and I think Crowley is my favorite character.
In Florida debating eating fish...

Do it. 

Fish is tasty and a source of Omega-3.

The issue is that I'm technically vegetarian...

Are you full or half?

Technically, as a half, you can eat the fish. Or you can do what I hope to do so as long as the animal was raised in good conditions (usually local) than it's cool. If not, don't eat it/buy it. Then I guess, it depends on the type of the fish...

I'm assuming that you're doing this because you're against the whole treatment of animals and not because you think eating animals is murderous or whatever. 

If I could remember the line, I'd quote Benjamin Franklin's autobiography, he makes a very good philosophical point about being in the exact same position you are in. He ate the fish.

Apparently it's chapter four and the quote is thus, I believe:

I believe I have omitted mentioning that, in my first voyage from Boston, being becalm'd off Block Island, our people set about catching cod, and hauled up a great many. Hitherto I had stuck to my resolution of not eating animal food, and on this occasion consider'd, with my master Tryon, the taking every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had, or ever could do us any injury that might justify the slaughter. All this seemed very reasonable. But I had formerly been a great lover of fish, and, when this came hot out of the frying-pan, it smelt admirably well. I balanc'd some time between principle and inclination, till I recollected that, when the fish were opened, I saw smaller fish taken out of their stomachs; then thought I, "If you eat one another, I don't see why we mayn't eat you." So I din'd upon cod very heartily, and continued to eat with other people, returning only now and then occasionally to a vegetable diet. So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do.

(Edit: No, I have not read his autobiography [yet], I'm just bored and I like to Google things.]

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service