Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand. So much. Especially because my relationship is super new.

Yeah. It feels like we've been together a while, because, let's face it, high school relationships aren't exactly built to last. Two months is currently my longest running relationship. But honestly, it's not that long, and that makes it hard to pick gifts.

Yeah... Valentine's Day will be two weeks for us so I'm so clueless. The roses you mentioned sound cool though. My friend gave me one for Christmas once and I still have it.

Depends who you are, how much you like said person, and how good you are at communicating. My girlfriend and I have been together for four and a half years. At the point of the start, I was in high school, and she was finishing middle school.

2 month? If it was longer I'd suggest other stuff, but for now get him candy. Junk food=happiness.

Ha, that's what I'm saying. I would be content with a bag of Reese's.

I need help too... I have no idea what to get Cody, and we've been together for a year and a half. 

Candy actually sounds like a good idea, because I'm not very creative with gifts. -_-

I was thinking of making duct tape roses with my friend as an excuse to have her over this Saturday, because I haven't hung out with her in forever. She's been with her boyfriend for all of three weeks, so she's even worse off than me at this point. I'm known for making most of my gifts, so maybe it wouldn't be too weird for me to give him a rose or two? I don't know. *headdesk*

Re: genealogy

Do you guys know how annoying it is that women often change their names when they marry. Especially years ago, where it was The Done Thing.

Descendants in this case are in their late 50's, early 60's from what I can gather. Six of them. All women. I have found ONE, and she hasn't replied to my message yet...

On the other hand, so many names in the family are very pretty.

Don't you have a local newspaper with marriage records?

Possibly an option, but there's no mention of the people I'm looking for in the searchable archive online for the local library.

The Births/Deaths/Marriages register is online, but limited in that it won't give details of living people... oh well.

It's not actually too common to announce things in the paper here - deaths, yes, because it's generally the older set, engagements and marriages, not so much.

So somehow at Yearbook today, I got stuck with editing all the pictures because we have like, three capable editors. The other two were either not interested or had a bunch of work to do already. 

All my Thursdays and Tuesday will now be spent sorting pictures, judging pictures, editing pictures, and uploading pictures. What fun. 

At least I don't have to Photoshop them a lot to make them look fancy like last year. That was a nightmare. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service