Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As both a space enthusiast and casual watcher, I loled.

http://io9.com/5893866/watch-the-first-four-minutes-of-the-nazis+on...

Who gets to go flying in a jet?

That's right, I do.

It was awesome. I puked.

What kind of jet?

An L-39 Albatros

They're an eastern jet trainer. And a shitload of fun!

Jet trainer? It's a ground-attack fighter jet!

Still pretty interesting though. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it was a cool experience.

Dude...

That's fucking badass. 

I concur.

Yeah, it was badass. I got to fly. We went upside down, and hooned past a couple of mountains...

My Dad's been instructing the guy who owns it, and so the offer of a ride has been on the cards for a while. Yesterday everything just fell into place - the pilot was taking it back to his home airfield, which is about 10 mins by jet or an hour and a half by car, so I got to jump in the back seat. We may have gone the long way...

Does anyone know anything about the Catholic religion? There was a time period, way back, when the priests were allowed to marry, but I can't find it. I want to say it was the 900s or the 1100s, but I could be totally and completely off. Anyone know?

Bleh, don't quote me on this, but I vaguely remember when that happened

I want to say 1100s, and a Pope Gregory....either IX or XI?  Or at least I think there's an X in it....x.x

That sounds right, anyways.  I'm pretty sure that was the deal with the Gregorian Reform.....though that was like the 'Seriously do NOT', bit.  I think it was frowned upon well before that.

I'm doing back story for a character and he was a priest at one time. And married. The character is immortal, so I've been trying to figure out how old he ought to be. So, 1100s sounds correct-ish?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service