Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm presently reading Molloy, and will later be reading Malone Dies, and The Unnameable

We got a calf!

He or she was born about two hours ago. In about the most appalling weather you could have in March. And we had to call the vet out because the birth was going nowhere, and he ended up having to pull the calf out. Which is just as gross as you imagined it, if not more gross.

funtimes!

I'm so freaking exhausted. I have to deal with stupid, bothersome little kids all day. Yesterday I was up late making 8 duct tape roses. I have 8 more to do by the 29th, which is my best friend's 16th birthday. Between now and then, I have Solo-Small Ensemble, my choral concert, and the talent show. And I'm still sick. I have to make a vase, somehow, to go with these roses... Blah. Then comes my 16th on the 4th. I wonder if she'll even bother gracing me with her presence. Her depression is getting worse lately, and she's pushing everyone away. I don't even know the last time I saw her face to face. It was weeks ago, though. I try to help, but the only time she'll talk to me is through a text message. Usually it's only song lyrics. This is so frustrating. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, and I should just stay by her until it gets better. But ugh, it's so tiring, trying to help someone who won't let you in.

I feel like I'm swamped down with work and problems. So much crap going on right now. The talent show is on her birthday. She said she was coming, but apparently she's fighting with her boyfriend. He's playing in the talent show, as well. So who knows if she'll bother coming now. I really wish she would come, if only to support me.

Gah. I'm tired. I need a break. I'm tired of being the one everyone leans on when they have a problem. I have more than enough of my own.

The most upsetting thing I've seen all year--an academic debate quickly degrading itself into two people angrilly shouting "F--You!" at each other across a 200 person lecture hall.

I don't want to have to go through that again, and if I ever do anything like that on here, please, someone, link me back to this post.

I think the most pissed I've seen you get online is a couple days ago when you said "Dammit!" w/r/t shipping on MX, and that was entirely called for :V

Also please tell me this was not disrupting a class. I know it was, but I want to believe it wasn't.

It was disrupting a class, after spawning from a debate on character analysis (of all things). It was very loud, very emotionally charged, and it got bad enough that the professor eventually kicked one of them out of the room.

Oh, for fuck's sake. That's when you take that shit outside, because no one wants to hear that during class.

That's almost as bad as when that happens at debates. Formal debates. We could hear the screaming (from girls, surprise, surprise?) from inside the Legislature (it was like a mock legislative debate, similar to if you guys had a mock senate or something). Only we're high schoolers so being childish is kind of okay. 

It hits a sad point when they're your age... 

This seems like an extremely shitty week for you dude...

I've been sticking to the major items. Not mentioned are the low B on a test, the summer class that I had to sign up for (with a teacher who has poor ratings), and the consistent lack of food everywhere, despite my supposedly all-encompassing and expensive meal-plan.

And It's going to get worse. I still have to write a seven page paper on Freud for Friday, and I'll have to live with the fallout of all the previously mentioned items for the rest of the next week.

I'm praying that this is all some kind of karmic imbalance that will result in the most amazing weekend ever, but I have no way of properly forecasting that

Let it all out End, penting it up is not good for you. Especially since you're usually the one offering us all lovely advice and what not. 

Dude, if you're hungry hit up your local Ikea. Dirt cheap prices for fabulous food. Plus most of it's not even from America/China so it's probably not as likely to give you a heart attack and/or strange mutation ten years down the road. Also, meal plans lie. I saw one of my friend's, they eat way more than that... ALSO COUPONS. Coupons are awesome and America has WAY better coupons than up here. 

I was right about the karmic imbalance. I left on my computer last night and checked it when I woke up this morning--something I never do--and lo and behold, the Beckett class was cancelled for today, and the paper was pushed back to next Monday. So I got to sleep in, I get to procrastinate on my paper a little bit more, and I feel like working on editing my novel.

...I don't know what else to say.

...and FOX cancelled Terra Nova, with very low odds of it being picked up by another network due to pricetag.

This means that the only sci-fi show I have left is Warehouse 13, which is junky.

Are there any other good sci-fi that are both presently running, and that I am able to disengage from (I am saving Dr. Who for the summer) long enough to get work done?

Thanks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service