Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pioneer One is awesome and fairly short (only one season out right now). Here's a brief summary:

"An object falls from the sky and spreads radiation over North America. Homeland Security Agents are dispatched to investigate and contain the damage. What they find will have implications for the entire world."

It starts out a little rough, but it's very fun to watch; I'd compare it to a low-budget X-Files. 

The caveat is exactly that: their budget is very low, so I don't know if any of the actors are professional, and the sets definitely aren't on a soundstage somewhere. But they do a lot with what they have.

Lost isn't currently running and I'm not sure it can totally be considered sci-fi, but if you have access to Netflix/Hulu, it's a decent show. I believe it had six seasons, so there's a lot to get through. It's bat shit crazy though. That's why I loved it, but yeesh. And for whatever reason, Ben's character cracked me up every time he showed up.

I bit the bullet and signed up for Ancestry.com... I'm loathe to pay for anything I can get for free, but I'd used up most of the free resources.

Wow. I am really glad I did. We'd only gone back as far as my mother's maternal grandparents. All we knew about them was their names, rough birthdates, and where they were from. From that and the census records I now have both of their families (parents and siblings), and I have some of the grandparents! The census records are just amazing.

Also discovered, quite by accident, my great-grandfather's WWI service record (and his brother in law's (great-grandmother's brother) too. He had syphilis.)

In my Colorado History class, I have to give a presentation on something in Colorado.

A place, a monument, a sports team, a famous person, etc.

I have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions?

The state Choral Festival is tomorrow, which would be exciting if I weren't too sick to breathe, let alone sing college music. I'm even staying home from school today, which I can't afford to do. I'm still going later for my last class just so I can take my AP Psych test and go to the school magazine meeting. 

In other news, Adderall has been disappearing from my house in the last two days. I had two pills left yesterday, just enough for my test and the festival day, and now the bottle has disappeared. My sister's went missing yesterday, and she blamed it on me. She even told my mom that I had been taking two of hers every morning because I lost mine and my dosage was higher, even though I've known exactly where they were and how many were left. I'm scared that she's either been taking them or selling them to kids at school or something.

And this means I have no meds for my test today or the festival tomorrow, and when I get them back I'm going to be in another weird, antisocial, mean and bipolar mood for about two days until they're back in my system. I can't skip days with these meds unless I'm prepared for this to happen, which I am not.

We found my meds. Apparently Mom hid them from my sister, which unintentionally hid them from me, too. Everything's good, for now. 

Oh god. My French IB orals are tomorrow and I don't know if I'll do well or not. I feel really prepared but totally unprepared at the same time. Does anyone else ever get this?

Feels like my Math diploma, which I did rather horrendously on. 10% worse than my usual Math marks. 

Please don't let this become 10% worse than my usual French marks. 

Thought I did okay. I only screwed up like twice, but that's expected when you are in a conversation right?

Today has been a shitty day. Lost my phone in the snow even though I SWEAR I did not take it outside. I'm exhausted, although the Bio quiz was pretty easy. 

Only good thing about today was finding that TEN album at HMV. Brought a smile to my face. Its price however, did not. 

Air law scares the crap outta me.

So does Bernoulli's equation!

It scared the crap out of everyone before he'd even invented it; that's what you get for sticking a barometer outside of a moving train car.

I think everyone needs that one nonsensical, rhythmic dance song to pick them up after they've had a bad day. One that makes them smile, get up, and dance.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service