Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1.7 more hours solo circuits time, which brings me to a grand total of 2.6 hours in the sky all by my lonesome.

passed the radio exam with 100%. Aw yeah.

Added another 0.85 today. Working on overhead rejoins next week. This kinda scares me.

Today is the last day Canada will produce pennies.

This is so weird but economically logical. Can't wait to start making "In my day we had pennies" jokes.

In my day we had 5 cent coins.

Actually, they still had ones and twos after I was born... for about 7 months.

O.o

We still have five cent coins (nickels), and ten cents (dimes) plus we're awfully proud of our loonies and toonies. Although two cent coins make no sense to me at least. Then again, I'm also severely confused by the pound system in the UK. 

http://www.omg-facts.com/Business/Canada-s-money-is-plastic-and-sme...

So on the topic of money... I know this may sound weird, but sniffing our bills is quite enjoyable. Our money literally looks like monopoly money and I think it is awesome. And it's fun to put our bills up in the air because we have little mini version of Queen Elizabeth and what not in the corner to ensure it's not counterfeit. It's kind of awesome/amusing. 

Really? The decimal pound system's the same as everywhere else... 1 pound is 100 pence, just like 1 dollar is 100 cents. The previous system, which my parents remember, because NZ had the same was whack.

Actually, now I'm reading up Canadian coinage. How interesting. You lot don't use 50c coins! Weird. How do you NOT? They're so useful! We also don't have nicknames for our coins... now that I find really weird.

I can understand quarters though, they make a lot of sense when you still use 5 cent coins.

We've got 10 cent, 20 cent and 50 cent small coins, 1 dollar and 2 dollar coins. Same as the Aussies, except they've still got the 5 cents. Actually, before we had the new coins in 2006, we pretty much could use aussie 5/10/20 cents because they were the same size only looked a bit different on one side. Nobody really minded too much because it wasn't worth changing it. The brits have the same system, only with 1 and 2 cents/pence as well.

We've been using polymer for as long as I can remember as well. Though it doesn't smell like anything.

I don't know. I've never been to England and they use the term "quid"? or something like that and I was always very confused. American money made sense to me because it used the same system and used the same terms (sans loonie and toonie) and it was worth more or less the same. They're STILL interchangeable here, although I can see that's not going to stay. Some stores here are anal and make you covert it to Canadian money now that our dollar is stronger. :\ 

O.o 50 cent coins? I wonder what size those would be... Or the design! We like to make fun designs on ours. I have an entire collection that's currently worth $25 (in their actual value IDK its real value) based off different designs we have. We just switched to a new loonie design this year. We also have special ones, like in 2010 we made a bunch of special Olympics ones and during November we make Remembrance day ones and such, it's really fun to collect. My favourite is the family of polar bears in contrast to another that's just one polar bear or the poppy one. 

And yeah, the entire system is screwing around with the whole removal of the penny. We're doing crazy things soon like rounding up to nice fifth numbers, which I'm sure in a couple years will die out with the penny like you guys. 

Hehe, your money is just as colourful as ours. American money is so drab and yucky. We can also pop out the center of a toonie if it's made in 1996 because those were defective. I saw one that was like that, so cool. 

O.o Yeah it's totally new for us. And we have designed so many ways to prevent counterfeiting you can literally stare at the bill for ages and look at all the little quirks. XD Our smelly $100 I think, are unique (I'm not really well acquainted with money around the world). I don't know how long that smell will last for though. 

Yeah, quid is equivalent to loonie, I guess. Or a buck.just a nickname.

Our coins aren't interchangeable with aussie now, because the coins are about half the size they used to be. And aussie 50c coins were never because they are HUGE. I'm not kidding, we've got a random coin collection from when my family travelled, or from when my dad was posted overseas and what not. They're like, the size of the hole when you make an okay sign with your hand.

Yeah, we print commemorative lots as well - I think there was one for the rugby world cup. Sometimes they print special things, like 1 and 2 dollar notes, or 5 and 10 dollar coins.

Rarotonga and the Cooks have a $3 note. Although it's more trouble than it's worth, because Kiwi and Aussie tourists keep stealing them. They also have a triangular 20c coin.

And yes, I've got a couple of american notes, they're so bland. And paper!

The Pound system  was decimalized in 1971, so it's just like Omega is saying.

Before then, you did indeed have the strange numbers.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/money.html

Went to the midnight premiere of The Avengers last night.

IT WAS SO GOOD. I can't get over it. Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner omfg.

And I had a really lovely time with my crazy friend and her friends. 'Twas wonderful.

Oy.

In the MR blog, JP claims that there's an antibiotic-resistant bacteria going around. I don't think he's ever read about the Black Death in Europe.

Patterson is mentioning biology and history. That's your cue, Nathan.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service