Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

link?

ta.

Somehow I stopped getting email alerts from this forum. I've been freaking out for a week, thinking everyone had just disappeared, without bothering to actually check the site.

Anyway, I've fixed it now. This has happened a couple times before. It always reminds me just how much I love and miss you guys.

My biggest fear is eventually this site will just die off. 

Which is aboslutely ridiculous (for some many reasons) but yeah...

Something about having this site die that puts me off. It's kind of become an open diary for me. :\  

I've decided to at least stick around until I'm a published novelist, if that's any consolation.

I think the main thing, at this point, is we need to either find a new book series to mock, or a game we can all play.

Ditto.

This is the one place where I can rant, be a nerd, and not feel like no one cares how I feel or what I say. Here I can be myself, without judgment. And all of you have taught me so much about the world I live in, outside of my little bubble.

If it died, I would be devastated.

@End: I will of course, demand that you send me a signed copy. :) These daily updates are still nice, it's like Facebook sort of but with strangers who you know won't be dicks if you state your opinion nor will it be the headlines of gossip the next day. But I agree, it'd be nice to have a lot more frequent posts. 

@Jessie: Well, assuming I don't die, I'll probably be posting daily updates. So that'll keep it alive. And yeah, I mean, before I didn't know jackshit about Australia or New Zealand or even England. I thought the world revolved around North America and specifically, northern states. (Read: by Canada). And even then, I didn't know much about the states...

Right ear still making ominous creaking noises.

It's the zombie rocking on the floorboards in your closet.

Thar reminds me of some pilot humor:

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humour. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by Qantas' Pilots and the solutions recorded by maintenance engineers.

Pilots: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement. 
Engineers: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

Pilots: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough. 
Engineers: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Pilots: Something loose in cockpit. 
Engineers: Something tightened in cockpit.

Pilots: Dead bugs on windshield. 
Engineers: Live bugs on back-order.

Pilots: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent. 
Engineers: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

Pilots: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear. 
Engineers: Evidence removed.

Pilots: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick. 
Engineers: That's what they're for.

Pilots: Suspected crack in windshield. 
Engineers: Suspect you're right.

Pilots: Number 3 engine missing. 
Engineers: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

Pilots: Aircraft handles funny. 
Engineers: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

Pilots: Target radar hums 
Engineers: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

Pilots: Mouse in cockpit. 

Engineers: Cat installed.

Hehehehe... I'd seen the first. It's been around a while, and attributed to many different sources. Always good for a giggle though... the second lot are very good.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service