Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My best friend who I have not seen in two years is only a couple of hours away and I won't see her. At all. Fucker. 

On the bright side, I'm hopeful that I won't need to get my wisdom teeth removed. Thank you genetically nice teeth and anal retentive me. 

Just checking in to say hello.

I've been at camp for the past two weeks as a CIT. Just found out that I'll be able to work there next year full time and paid despite my unusually young age, so fuck yes.

I'm leaving again tomorrow to go back to camp, and it's Harry Potter week. Last year we had a Hogsmeade allcamp, and it was the shit. So fucking excited.

Also bought a bitchin neon orange watch today for the week.

Life's been good.

Officially, two of my friends are parents. (Not with each other and thy're both only 17.)

This feels so fucking surreal.

... So, everyone's still alive... right?

That's what they claim?

Four weeks, then I'm calling everyone to get back on.

I'm alive... Kind of. Still breathing, but socially dead.

This is a bit late since I was busy yesterday but I'd like to wish you all a very happy Canada Day! Hopefully you have taken the time to sit back, enjoy some maple syrup, appreciate hockey, and wish you could ride a polar bear to school and live in an igloo! 145 years of not being an official part of Britain (although we were still a dominion). Whoo! 

Also, by all technical means, it can be your pre-Independence Day party. :) 

Bad thunderstorm last night.

The thunder made the house shake, and our power went out a couple times. It was never out for more than a minute, thank goodness. Then it started hailing. It was 105 degrees Fahrenheit outside, but our yard was almost completely covered in ice pellets. But we were pretty lucky. Ours was fairly small, whereas in town they reported golf ball-sized hail.

On the list of things my mental heath did not need was another ~6-7 magnitude quake.

No damage, deaths or injuries reported.

GNS is calling it a 7.0.

It was felt over most of NZ. Almost no damage at all.

Hey, Omega,

I was reading the crash report for Air France 447, and it sounds like, bottom line, the pilots didn't know how to bring a plane out of a stall.

Isn't that supposed to be part of basic training for pilots?

Yes. It's about the third or fourth lesson you do, and then it's gone over again either shortly before or shortly after the first solo flight.

However, different aircraft do have different stall characteristics. The aircraft I'm training in can't be held in a stall for 54 seconds like the Air France 447 was.

Apparently stall recognition/recovery wasn't taught on type by AF at the time, and while recovery would have been easy (stick neutral, and it sounds like the flying pilot did this, only for alarms to go off), several factors, including said alarm contributed to them failing to recognise it was a stall in the first place... "the pilots were unable to determine which instruments to trust: it may have appeared to them that all values were incoherent."

Which is just a shitty place to be in.

To put things into perspective, if someone untrained on how to fly-by-instrument flies into cloud, then the average time before loss of control of the aircraft is 34 seconds. That's with working instruments.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service